41Hz AMP32 help - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd January 2014, 04:21 AM   #1
derekn is offline derekn  United States
diyAudio Member

Default 41Hz AMP32 help

Does anyone have the assembly instructions for the 41hz AMP32 kit?

I just bought one of these, figuring the dead web site wasn't that big of a deal, but I didn't realize it was going to come without instructions. I've tried contacting their support a couple times, with no luck.

The kit arrived promptly enough, but it's going to be a little tricky to put together without any instructions.
Old 4th February 2014, 02:08 AM   #2
TitusTI is offline TitusTI  United States
diyAudio Member

Don't know if you are aware or not, but you can download the BOM and board schematics from your 41hz shop account. It's on the right side after you click the "Your Account" tab.

Too bad all the detailed assembly instructions are on the main page. It will still be kind of challenging even with these schematics.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AMP32_long_bom.pdf (21.2 KB, 32 views)
File Type: pdf AMP32_sch.pdf (29.6 KB, 51 views)
File Type: pdf AMP32_short_bom.pdf (12.6 KB, 22 views)
Old 4th February 2014, 05:40 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Yup, I downloaded the BOM and schematics. I've already figured out where everything goes on the board. Well, mostly... The schematic shows D5-D12, while the PCB has D1-D8 -- since there are eight identical diodes, I'm not going to worry too much about that one. The schematic shows decoupling caps C1, C2, C3, C5, and C6. The BOM lists C1, C2, C3, and C5. The PCB has spots for C2, C3, C5, and C6. I've got four 0.1 uF caps, and four spots for them, so I guess that works.

I was also missing the LED drive transistor. That turned out to be a 20-cent part from DigiKey, so not a big deal. Once that arrives, I'll probably start soldering and see what happens.
Old 4th February 2014, 12:57 PM   #4
TitusTI is offline TitusTI  United States
diyAudio Member

Sounds like you're in the same boat as I am: make some educated guesses and see what happens. Best of luck. Hopefully Jan @ 41hz will get his act together soon.
Old 9th February 2014, 06:31 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

I got it assembled, and... nothing. No sound, no smoke, nothing.

Probably due to my not-so-great surface mount soldering skills, but it's hard to say. Would have been nice to have instructions.

Anyway, I've spent too much time on this already. I'm still curious to try out a Tripath amp, so I think I'll go buy a pre-assembled TA2021 board. Looks like there are plenty to choose from on ebay -- does anyone have specific recommendations? I already have a 12V power supply and a volume pot, so something similar to the AMP32 would be ideal.
Old 26th March 2014, 09:11 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hey there,

having EXACTLY the same story here...

Ordered the Amp - no clue how to build it up - used this schematics and my questionable soldering skills - no sound, smoke, nothing.

Also, the schematics isnt showing the same parts as the bill of materials or the pcb.

Im pretty disappointed with 41hz to be honest
Old 28th March 2014, 09:47 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

+1...

I've used the assembly instructions when they were availabe but only got to test the amp now. It seems fine (although dc offset climbs to ~200mv shortly after powerup but stabilizes at ~5mv).

I've tried feeding it an input signal, but the outputs are dead quiet as if the chip's mute is enabled. Can't figure it out if the missing led driver is the culprit.

Anyway, a missing component is a major headache for me, since the cheapest shipping from mouser or digikey to my country is about $40 and my local farnell is basically a joke.

Very pissed off!!
Old 28th April 2014, 05:04 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

+1

Not starting my build without the instructions...
Old 29th April 2014, 11:16 PM   #9
Nickk is offline Nickk  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

I have an old print out of the instructions, I could post photo's of the paperwork if that's good enough?
Old 30th April 2014, 06:55 AM   #10
diyAudio Member

Default Yes please

Please do!

Hide this!Advertise here!