41Hz AMP32 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have the assembly instructions for the 41hz AMP32 kit?

I just bought one of these, figuring the dead web site wasn't that big of a deal, but I didn't realize it was going to come without instructions. I've tried contacting their support a couple times, with no luck.

The kit arrived promptly enough, but it's going to be a little tricky to put together without any instructions.

Don't know if you are aware or not, but you can download the BOM and board schematics from your 41hz shop account. It's on the right side after you click the "Your Account" tab.

Too bad all the detailed assembly instructions are on the main page. It will still be kind of challenging even with these schematics.

Attachments

• AMP32_long_bom.pdf
    21.2 KB · Views: 130
  • AMP32_sch.pdf
    29.6 KB · Views: 150
  • AMP32_short_bom.pdf
    12.6 KB · Views: 108
Yup, I downloaded the BOM and schematics. I've already figured out where everything goes on the board. Well, mostly... The schematic shows D5-D12, while the PCB has D1-D8 -- since there are eight identical diodes, I'm not going to worry too much about that one. The schematic shows decoupling caps C1, C2, C3, C5, and C6. The BOM lists C1, C2, C3, and C5. The PCB has spots for C2, C3, C5, and C6. I've got four 0.1 uF caps, and four spots for them, so I guess that works.

I was also missing the LED drive transistor. That turned out to be a 20-cent part from DigiKey, so not a big deal. Once that arrives, I'll probably start soldering and see what happens.

I got it assembled, and... nothing. No sound, no smoke, nothing.

Probably due to my not-so-great surface mount soldering skills, but it's hard to say. Would have been nice to have instructions.

Anyway, I've spent too much time on this already. I'm still curious to try out a Tripath amp, so I think I'll go buy a pre-assembled TA2021 board. Looks like there are plenty to choose from on ebay -- does anyone have specific recommendations? I already have a 12V power supply and a volume pot, so something similar to the AMP32 would be ideal.

Hey there,

having EXACTLY the same story here... :(

Ordered the Amp - no clue how to build it up - used this schematics and my questionable soldering skills - no sound, smoke, nothing.

Also, the schematics isn´t showing the same parts as the bill of materials or the pcb.

I´m pretty disappointed with 41hz to be honest :(

+1...

I've used the assembly instructions when they were availabe but only got to test the amp now. It seems fine (although dc offset climbs to ~200mv shortly after powerup but stabilizes at ~5mv).

I've tried feeding it an input signal, but the outputs are dead quiet as if the chip's mute is enabled. Can't figure it out if the missing led driver is the culprit.

Anyway, a missing component is a major headache for me, since the cheapest shipping from mouser or digikey to my country is about $40 and my local farnell is basically a joke.

Very pissed off!!

Here's the old, complete original PDF, might be a little late, but hopefully helpful just the same!

Don't know if you are aware or not, but you can download the BOM and board schematics from your 41hz shop account. It's on the right side after you click the "Your Account" tab.

Too bad all the detailed assembly instructions are on the main page. It will still be kind of challenging even with these schematics.

Attachments

• ai_amp32.pdf
    263.9 KB · Views: 98
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.