Problem with board amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

I am having problems with my ebay board amp (TK2050). I'm not getting any sound out of it at all. This is my second identical unit. I thought that the first one was broken so I ordered another one. Unfortunately I have the same problem with this one.

*I know that I'm getting power from the wires from the power supply (24V 5A DC)
*I know I'm getting signal from the wires from the iPhone
*I know that the speaker works

See attached photo.

I would be very grateful for any tips on what I'm doing wrong (if anything).

I'm starting to loose my mind here:mad:

Attachments

• <untitled> 001.jpg
    <untitled> 001.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 87
Thank you for your reply.
Sometimes when I connect the power I hear a low short sparkle from the speaker. Not every time though. With the first amp, I never heard anything.

I have measured the polarity of the power wires to the board so they should be right. Can I break the board if I connect them wrong?

I can borrow a multimeter to measure on the board but I don't have it right now.

I'm getting the same message with your link. "This page may have moved or is no longer available." But yeah, when I search ebay for that string, it looks like the exact same board from the same seller.

I will measure the PS but the board should work with 10-30V. I've got 24V.

If you don't connect a speaker then you have a series LC circuit on the output.
Applying a square wave to this will see across the L and C a voltage much higher than the power supply rails due to the voltages across L and C being 180 degrees out of phase.
If your LC capacitor is only rated at the supply rail voltage it will quickly fry.

Better explanation here:
http://amrita.vlab.co.in/?sub=1&brch=75&sim=326&cnt=1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.