Topping TP60 Volume Bypassed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

Came back earlier and started working on my new TP-60. It's the new version. In the pic, the old version is on the left and the new one on the right. You can see it here: TOPPING TP60

Mod list is:

- Replace original pot with a 21 step SMD stepped attenuator or to remove the pot
- Eliminate the input relay
- Replace input caps with Auricap Xo
- Replace PSU caps with Nishicon KW and Panasonic FM (the original ones are Nishicon FW. Not bad!)
- Eliminate PCB on the back plate (soldering the new wiring directly to the plugs)
- Replace input cable from RCAs to board with silversonic interconnect
- Replace output cables with furutech 14AWG speaker cable
- Solder trans cables directly to board, eliminating connectors
- General improvements on cooling

Here are some pics of the initial work.

When finished, I will create a new thread for it, since the mod will go way beyond the pot mod covered here. I will post the new thread's URL here.
This will take time, as I have to order all parts from abroad (usually up to 35 days. :mad: orders already placed).
Well, that's it, I just hope in the end I will have a very good sounding amp, without killing it or blowing it to pieces in a cloud of toxic electronics smoke.

Gg

Attachments

• peq1.jpg
    peq1.jpg
    194.3 KB · Views: 203
  • peq2.jpg
    peq2.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 206
  • peq3.jpg
    peq3.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 198
  • peq4.jpg
    peq4.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 198
Hello Mike,

I'm so sorry, not right now. The unit is already in pieces. Completely taken apart.
I've received it yesterday, turned it on just to check if it was working, than I've disassembled it completely, down to the last part.
When it was on, it played for just a minute or two before I turned it off. When the mod is finished, it would be easy for me to do a cap comparison, but by then, the rest of the mod will also be already done... plus I still don't have the Auricaps.
In any case, I don't think that a cap comparison at this point would be of much help, since this is a brand new amp and it will need some time to break in.
As I said, after the mod is complete, I will be happy to do a comparison for you. Also, I can send you the original Topping caps so you can try them yourself in your amp too. As you can see in the pics, for the new version they are using their own (OEM for sure) caps instead of the WIMA ones. The new ones look like film type (2.2uF 100V)... Just let me know.

Gg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.