t2020 Amps adding bluetooth module - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 21st October 2013, 06:51 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default t2020 Amps adding bluetooth module

Looking to add bluetooth to a t2020 amp does anyone know what the best bluetooth module would be.

I'm going to be taking the power from a 12 volt battery so I will to have to step that down to 3-5 volts any suggestions on what I should use to accomplish that without wasting to much power and creating a ton of heat.

Looking for a chip like in this Helder amp.
TA2024 MKV Bluetooth Tripath Amplifier 2X 15 Watts 12V Fully Finished | eBay
I would buy this but I want a t2020 also the shipping is crazy high.
Old 22nd October 2013, 09:25 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

I think you may be able to order the bluetooth module separately and then wire it up to your own choice of TA2020 amp.

I saw some BT pcb's similar to Arjen's on Alibaba that worked out to be pretty good value after shipping, I didn't order any however, but I'll see if I can find some links for you.
Old 23rd October 2013, 02:21 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank that would be much appreciated. I use this amp in my backpack and the input wires always seems to break. Hell even on my amp at work they don't seem to last long.
Old 23rd October 2013, 02:50 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankslan View Post
Looking to add bluetooth to a t2020 amp does anyone know what the best bluetooth module would be.
I've been using this one to add bluetooth to my amps...
Ten bucks on Ebay including shipping from California. It's hard to beat. They've worked flawlessly for me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i-Hk8ktTq-XL.jpg (126.8 KB, 548 views)
Old 23rd October 2013, 03:00 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

Ok, I can't find the same module that Arjen is using on his amp boards, but this looks pretty similar:

Xs3868 bluetooth stereo audio module control chip ovc3860 stereo bluetooth module-inOther Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

I'm not sure what the audio quality will be like but then Bluetooth will always be a compromise.

Still the modules are so cheap that it may be worth ordering more than one and experimenting a little, and if it saves you from breaking cables then it should pay for itself.

EDIT: Maybe try another seller, I just noticed the one I linked has less than 90% feedback.
Old 23rd October 2013, 03:18 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Ya I saw some on ebay like that I will probably order one from there I just dont know whats a good one audio wise.
Old 23rd October 2013, 04:28 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJA 2013 View Post
I've been using this one to add bluetooth to my amps...
Ten bucks on Ebay including shipping from California. It's hard to beat. They've worked flawlessly for me.
See the thing is you have to keep charging it which is a pain. I'm using this amp as a portable hiking system so I want to us the same power source and it needs to be smaller. Right now I'm using this sony one its tiny (like half a pinkie small) but the problem is I have to keep charging it and the audio cables keep breaking.
Old 23rd October 2013, 05:32 AM   #8
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankslan View Post
See the thing is you have to keep charging it which is a pain. I'm using this amp as a portable hiking system so I want to us the same power source and it needs to be smaller. Right now I'm using this sony one its tiny (like half a pinkie small) but the problem is I have to keep charging it and the audio cables keep breaking.
No, you can use the usb cable connector to deliver continuous 5 volts to keep it going or if you open the case, you can supply the 5vdc to it without the usb cable... the fact that it's charging a battery becomes irrelevant.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg i-bvr9Lkx-L.jpg (158.3 KB, 500 views)

Last edited by KJA 2013; 23rd October 2013 at 05:53 AM.
Old 23rd October 2013, 06:55 AM   #9
duanrao is offline duanrao  United States
diyAudio Member

you can use the usb cable connector to deliver continuous 5 volts to keep it going or if you open the case

FFXIV GIL, Buy FFXIV Gold, Final Fantasy 14
Old 29th October 2013, 10:57 PM   #10
goo is offline goo  Norway
diyAudio Member

Hi Frankslan

The Bluetooth chip in Hedlers amp is KRC-86A/B V32 many sellers on Aliexpress have them.

Eksample:Bluetooth speaker module krc 86b bluetooth module bluetooth stereo sound module krc 86 b Other Electronic Components-inOther Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

I am just in the process of testing it for use in a small boom box with PAM8403 . I am still waiting for the little PAM8403 amp to arrive so i tried the bluetooth today on a TA2024 with a pair of 4.2v li-ion and a uf470 25v cap i had ripped from an old amp. Sound is great but still a little bit hum close to the speaker.

Here is some pics:https://www.dropbox.com/sc/68vpsc2t2fre7fj/5lCf7oy5GM

Go

Hide this!Advertise here!