t2020 Amps adding bluetooth module

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Looking to add bluetooth to a t2020 amp does anyone know what the best bluetooth module would be.

I'm going to be taking the power from a 12 volt battery so I will to have to step that down to 3-5 volts any suggestions on what I should use to accomplish that without wasting to much power and creating a ton of heat.

Looking for a chip like in this Helder amp.
TA2024 MKV Bluetooth Tripath Amplifier 2X 15 Watts 12V Fully Finished | eBay
I would buy this but I want a t2020 also the shipping is crazy high.

I think you may be able to order the bluetooth module separately and then wire it up to your own choice of TA2020 amp. :)

I saw some BT pcb's similar to Arjen's on Alibaba that worked out to be pretty good value after shipping, I didn't order any however, but I'll see if I can find some links for you.

Looking to add bluetooth to a t2020 amp does anyone know what the best bluetooth module would be.

I've been using this one to add bluetooth to my amps...
Ten bucks on Ebay including shipping from California. It's hard to beat. They've worked flawlessly for me.

Attachments

• i-Hk8ktTq-XL.jpg
    i-Hk8ktTq-XL.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 845
Ok, I can't find the same module that Arjen is using on his amp boards, but this looks pretty similar:

Xs3868 bluetooth stereo audio module control chip ovc3860 stereo bluetooth module-inOther Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

I'm not sure what the audio quality will be like but then Bluetooth will always be a compromise.

Still the modules are so cheap that it may be worth ordering more than one and experimenting a little, and if it saves you from breaking cables then it should pay for itself. :)

EDIT: Maybe try another seller, I just noticed the one I linked has less than 90% feedback.

I've been using this one to add bluetooth to my amps...
Ten bucks on Ebay including shipping from California. It's hard to beat. They've worked flawlessly for me.

See the thing is you have to keep charging it which is a pain. I'm using this amp as a portable hiking system so I want to us the same power source and it needs to be smaller. Right now I'm using this sony one its tiny (like half a pinkie small) but the problem is I have to keep charging it and the audio cables keep breaking.

See the thing is you have to keep charging it which is a pain. I'm using this amp as a portable hiking system so I want to us the same power source and it needs to be smaller. Right now I'm using this sony one its tiny (like half a pinkie small) but the problem is I have to keep charging it and the audio cables keep breaking.

No, you can use the usb cable connector to deliver continuous 5 volts to keep it going or if you open the case, you can supply the 5vdc to it without the usb cable... the fact that it's charging a battery becomes irrelevant.

Attachments

• i-bvr9Lkx-L.jpg
    i-bvr9Lkx-L.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 744
Last edited:
Hi Frankslan

The Bluetooth chip in Hedlers amp is KRC-86A/B V32 many sellers on Aliexpress have them.

Eksample:Bluetooth speaker module krc 86b bluetooth module bluetooth stereo sound module krc 86 b Other Electronic Components-inOther Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

I am just in the process of testing it for use in a small boom box with PAM8403 . I am still waiting for the little PAM8403 amp to arrive so i tried the bluetooth today on a TA2024 with a pair of 4.2v li-ion and a uf470 25v cap i had ripped from an old amp. Sound is great but still a little bit hum close to the speaker.

Here is some pics:https://www.dropbox.com/sc/68vpsc2t2fre7fj/5lCf7oy5GM

Go

goo, I would be interested to see the project once it's finished.

I've been tempted to pick up one of these bluetooth modules in order to make a small boombox type thing, but was unsure of how good quality bluetooth would be.

Do you know if the KRC-86A/B V32 would be better than the module I linked in terms of sound quality?

MikeHunt79, i will post some pics and comments when i am finished no problem.

The KRC-86A/B V32 bluetooth sounds great with the TA2024! I connected audio line in to the board yesterday and it also works nice , i don't have to unplug audio input to use the bluetooth function.

There is more functions like play/stop vol +- etc. but i don't think i will use those.

I don't know the module you linked to sorry.

goo, cool project. I'm making a small boom-box, also. Does the volume control of the amplifier control audio output to the speakers correctly? I didn't see what the output of the bluetooth module is, is it in the rated range for the amplifier?

Please keep us updated with your progress.

Mini boombox with bluetooth and solar panel

Here is an update on my mini boombox.

I destroyed original the speakers during testing using a ta 2020:eek:, so i got a pair of VISATON Mini Waterproof Speaker 2W 8Ohm K64WP 2918. I also messed up the KRC-86A/B V32 bluetooth module soldering ops, so i got another assembled kit from ebay hehe.

I also used 4 lion cell batteries 2 series/parallel from a portable pc battery pack, a small 0.6w 5v 109ma solar panel with usb, a MP1405 5V 1A Lithium Battery Charger, a Mournsun isolated 1w dc/dc converter, a PAM8403 5V Amplifier Board 2 Channel 3W + 3W with volume pot and a small piece of 1.5mm optical plastic cable.

While putting it all together and stuffing the little box (9x25x9 cm), i decided to drop the 3.5mm audio input option and leave the USB charger cable and solar USB connector cable hanging out of the back of the box. This way i save complexity, space and ease of the assembly. I can charge it from a mobile USB charger, or just connect the solar USB cable. The solar usb can then also be used separately for charging a mobile phone while playing.

The optical cable picks up the onboard led from the bluetooth when in use, and the onboard charge light from the battery charger when charging when the boombox is turned off.

westend,the bluetooth and amp seems to be a perfect fit;). There is no noise from the bluetooth, who gets its power from the DC/DC converter:) Volume is more than enough for the small Visatrons. The sound is very nice at moderate/normal levels, but the Visatrons don't like to get pushed to hard!

I think i will try with some small Peerless speakers to get some more power on my next attempt. Any suggestions on rugged,good sensitive small 8ohm speakers are most welcome, i plan to ad to more speakers like in a boominator design next time:D.

Here is some more pics:
Flickr: gunnarstodle's Photostream

Attachments

• PAM8403 bluetooth boombox.jpg
    PAM8403 bluetooth boombox.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 533
Goo,
Very nice, thanks for linking to the pictures of your work. Very cool you are using the Golden Ratio, I've built with it before only on a bigger scale. The solar charging is a stroke of genius I may have to follow.:) Since you are experiencing no noise with that Bluetooth module, I'll use the same.

It was also good to see that you are using Li-ion batteries. I've been trying to sort out what type of battery to use and the Li-ion has a lot of benefit.

I am using a bigger amp board (TK 2024-10W@4 ohm) and chose these Faital drivers, mostly for their durability and the application. I've mounted them in small boxes for a sound check and they will work well for my project. The Neodymium magnet allows for a small dimension in depth, too, something that helps me decrease the overall size of the enclosure.

I'm building the case out of aluminum (I build other enclosures) and have a conceptual layout of a case that will be 14" x 6" x 2". It will weigh somewhere in the neighborhood of 2 lbs (1 KG). The case will mount to the handle bars of a bike with a bike-centric camera mount and a captive nut in the case. Since the case side panels are made with fractional T-slot, any manner of accessory (like phone holders, mirror, lights, strap) are easy to attach.

I'll start my own thread on this bike box when I am a bit further along. Thanks for posting your build, it saves me a lot of time and offers some great inspiration!

westend,

Thanks, the Faital speakers look interesting. Seeing they are 91 dB vs Visaton´s 86 dB you might experience a little white noise if you don't use a volume pot.

I said there is no noise from the KRC-86A/B bluetooth module in my setup. To clarify with the volume pot on the PAM 8403 board at 10 o'clock i have to get close to the speakers ca 40 cm to hear a VERY little hum. Coupled with 50% volume gain in iTunes, and 50% system volume gain on my Mac air, ist good enough for casual near field (1-2meter) radio listening.

My initial impression was that the Visaton don't want to be pushed to hard, but after experimenting a little and reading the PAM8403 data sheet i discovered the amp don't like to much gain on the input. I found that its better for sound quality, and distortion to keep the volume lowish on the mac and crank up the PAM onboard volume pot when i want to play loud.

I like the sound and functionality of the KRC-86A/B, especially the fact that it automatically pair bluetooth devices when turned on:)

A general Class D Boombox tread might be a good idea?

goo

I'm just now researching portable boomboxes for a future project. And so I could be off-base with this question. But why didn't you go with one of the APT-X Bluetooth modules like this one here?

CSR8645 ROM Bluetooth Module Bluetooth 4.0 Mulitport Output Support APT X Decoding DIY RoHS Compliance High Quality-in Other Electronic Components from Electronic Components & Supplies on Aliexpress.com

By accident,i ripped the first one from an old Arjen 2024 amp i burned. The one you link sure look interesting, with onboard LI-ion charge controller i like it. Try it an report back.

goo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.