fist time pro amp user,,need advice. INUKE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just finished a second dayton ultimax build (which has already sparked a rebuild of the original and the new one,,another story)
I had a bash 500 plate amp for the first ultimax and I really liked it,,but I figure with a second sub I would be better off to go with a pro amp and feed both. I went on the less expensive side and picked up an INUKE 3000dsp for $299 shipped. So far I have major regret. First there is a ground loop I assume (hum with receiver on,,no hum when reciever off). Second is I am unimpressed by the output. I have played around with the dsp software and just can't seem to get anywhere near the hump that I was getting from the bash amp. It has been suggested to get a signal booster between the receiver and the amp. I have borrowed a buddies DI box but won't have the correct cables for a day or two. My gut tells me to box it up and get rid of it and just spend the money on a couple of 1000 watt plate amps instead of spending more money on the INUKE.
Am I just going through some rookie issues that can be easily resolved?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.