Chinese Amp boards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am planning out a few projects and I want to know what the experience has been with these boards. How do they perform sonically and do they ever come close to their power claims.....

What would be the estimated true specs on this one with a sufficient power supply and has anyone here ever played with this particular one maybe?
TPA3116 2 1 2X50W 100W Class D Amplifier Assembled Board Luxurious Amp Board | eBay

Thanks

More than a few "IFs" there :) Likely ALL the parts are fakes/clones and the likelyhood of the circuit following the Ti evaluation circuit are Slim to None.
Gee... what could they possibly cheat on? for a $17 ! Retail price point

Weren't you just chewed out by Ken Kantor on another forum for calling all ebay Tripath chips fake as well? You didn't provide any proof there either.

Last edited:
I am planning out a few projects and I want to know what the experience has been with these boards. How do they perform sonically and do they ever come close to their power claims.....

What would be the estimated true specs on this one with a sufficient power supply and has anyone here ever played with this particular one maybe?
TPA3116 2 1 2X50W 100W Class D Amplifier Assembled Board Luxurious Amp Board | eBay

Thanks
If you like RF interference, you will love this board.
I happen to want FM radio included in my set up and have found all the boards and finished Chinese amps I have purchased all suffer from interference.
The worst culprits are the amps that have been modded with "better sounding" inductor coils.
I have a strong feeling that this forum is closely watched and the "improvements" quickly added and put on the market without any kind of RF testing?

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Do the boards suffer from self interference or cause interference to FM receivers nearby? I am finding that Bluetooth adapters emit a several khz whine noise interference that is hard to get rid of. Appears to be tied to a ground loop problem. FM is in the 88 MHz plus range so how does 400 kHz modulation from these amps impact that? I can see that AM is a problem. Choosing high quality shielded inductors will go a long way in reducing noise emission.

Do the boards suffer from self interference or cause interference to FM receivers nearby? I am finding that Bluetooth adapters emit a several khz whine noise interference that is hard to get rid of. Appears to be tied to a ground loop problem. FM is in the 88 MHz plus range so how does 400 kHz modulation from these amps impact that? I can see that AM is a problem. Choosing high quality shielded inductors will go a long way in reducing noise emission.
I'm not sure what is going on here. Using a TDA chip amp, fm is perfect, but when I switch over to the 3116 there is audible white noise. When pushing the mono button the noise disappears, it's as if the signal is being partially blocked.
I have an SMSL 2020A+ D-amp here and it just completely obliterates an FM signal by just being on with no connections.
This might be interesting for those who have the knowledge. Switching Amplifier (Class D) Basics | Audioholics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.