Perfect amp for DIY Ammo Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disclaimer- I am not an electrician, engineer or expert of any kind...

I've been building a portable speaker system into an ammo box. In the process I've done lots of reading and sniffed a lot of people's opinions...

I have a few sets of 4" coaxial speakers in my shop:
- Polk DB401, 4 ohms, 45W continuous, 135W max
- Rockford Fosgate R14X2, 4 ohms, 30W RMS, 60W max

I also have a few HiFimeDIY T2 Amp Boards, which are supposedly 100Wx2 at 4ohms.

I have two SLA 12v9ah batteries running in a series for 24v with a 7.5 amp fuse. This drawing should do a fair job of showing my approach...
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I'm going to use DPST switches to isolate the charging device from everything, and then the batteries from the rest. It all seems very simple, but I want to do this correctly.

I've decided not to worry about weight, but instead make it easy to service and strong. I plan on mounting the speakers directly to the metal box, but build a speaker box that seals around them when inserted into the ammo box.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

After spending some time reading here at DIYAUDIO, I'm thinking there may be a better option for an amp. Amazon and eBay will likely be my sources, but there are tons of choices.

Does anyone have a suggestion in terms of what amp I should use?

Does my speaker selection matter?

Have I committed any audio sins?

Here's an early picture of the unit while I was testing components:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.