DIY Good Class D amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Simple amp. based on SG3525 PWM IC.
Frequency is fixed to 150kHz (fixed f is good choice) but you can modify it by changing RT/CT.
PWM is ~2-98% (which is very good).
IR2184 is HI/LO side gate driver.
Dead time provided by this IC.
Set the potentiometer on half.Turn amp ON.Set output voltage to 0V.
This amp works from first attempt ;)
On PCB i have to use external 12V PSU for IC's
Max input voltage is +-80V.
With 4k7 adjust gain.
Output inductor is gapped core (can be used yelow toroids from AT/ATX PSU,they have internal gap.
In external 12V version you can regulate the output power only by voltage on fets.
12V is referenced to -V,not to GND!
On picture I used totem pole output instead of FET's and driver IC,but I tested wih IC and FET's too.

Attachments

• D2 12V.JPG
    D2 12V.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 13,569
  • D2 12Ve.JPG
    D2 12Ve.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 10,368
  • D2.pdf
    174 KB · Views: 2,074
  • D2 R..JPG
    D2 R..JPG
    49 KB · Views: 10,555
  • PTDC0013.JPG
    PTDC0013.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 9,789
@airwavesystem
It's better than UcD

@workhorse
No,I tried it,and here's more noise than 3525.And max. PWM on 494 is smaller.
I want to have no feedback.Because of this power can be varied only by voltage on fets,without any change.You can use variable supply and vary volume by it.

@Freeman
Yes.

@chinokscapsighter
Thank you.
Few man's from another forum make this amp. in progress.
When they make it,I'll post here.

Last edited:
just a few questions from Holland......

Can I use the IR2117 to replace the IR2184?
Which transistor can i use for T3
Must R13 be 4K for 80V
Which Fets are T1 and T2 and can I put for example 2 X IRFP460 into your design and bring up the supply to 150V?

Thanks for looking at my questions.
Hank

hi acca this a very nice project . just wanted to know have you tried your amp at +/-80vlts with 1ohm load? which fets did you use .? and can it be bridged at 2ohms with that voltage?

also can i redraw your schema and use ir2110 or ir2153 as the gate drivers.?

thanking you in advance steve .

just a few questions from Holland......

Can I use the IR2117 to replace the IR2184?
Which transistor can i use for T3
Must R13 be 4K for 80V
Which Fets are T1 and T2 and can I put for example 2 X IRFP460 into your design and bring up the supply to 150V?

Thanks for looking at my questions.
Hank

IR2117 is only one side driver.IR2184 is two side drivers with internal dead time,so my ansver is not.But it can be used with different schematic.
R can be 3k9 2W
Transistor can be darlington for twice voltage than supply,and 3A min.It's better to use external psu,but not more than 15V! Over it IR2184 blow up.
If use transformer it must have voltage on secondary 9-10V.
Yes,you can but look out for high current lines!

Last edited:
hi acca this a very nice project . just wanted to know have you tried your amp at +/-80vlts with 1ohm load? which fets did you use .? and can it be bridged at 2ohms with that voltage?

also can i redraw your schema and use ir2110 or ir2153 as the gate drivers.?

thanking you in advance steve .
First sory for late answer,there's no new mail from this forum and I dont think about this.
Tried with +-40 on 0.5R load,which is same.lights in my house blinks with music :D
Fets should use with smallest gate charge what you find.
I dont know can be IR2153 used for this.
IR2110 can be used,but one input must be 180' out of phase than other.

First sory for late answer,there's no new mail from this forum and I dont think about this.
Tried with +-40 on 0.5R load,which is same.lights in my house blinks with music :D
Fets should use with smallest gate charge what you find.
I dont know can be IR2153 used for this.
IR2110 can be used,but one input must be 180' out of phase than other.

hi acca thanks for the reply please post a simple schematic to guide me with ir2110 i want to make this amazing amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.