IRS2092 kit from ebay

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I want to build any amplifier D or AB class amp. I found on ebay stereo kit IRS2092 "DIY Kit of L20D 200w-250W+200w-250W 8ohm IRS2092 IRFB4020PBF Class D" from user "besram-tech".
Anyone now is this good choice or have same amp? How sounds this chip?
I hope that this kit include all parts and heatsinks...

Possibly I'll build normal AB amp or order this kit, but this isn't easy decision...

PSU probably will base on 425VA 2x35V transformer and 4x4700uF capacitors (I think 2x47V after rectifier).

Last edited:
Hi, I want to build any amplifier D or AB class amp. I found on ebay stereo kit IRS2092 "DIY Kit of L20D 200w-250W+200w-250W 8ohm IRS2092 IRFB4020PBF Class D" from user "besram-tech".

Possibly I'll build normal AB amp or order this kit, but this isn't easy decision...

PSU probably will base on 425VA 2x35V transformer and 4x4700uF capacitors (I think 2x47V after rectifier).

hello,IRS2092 in only one channel,maybe you can try my thread

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/236723-irs2053-irf6665-120w-3ch-class-d-would-you-like.html

Be careful. The only two authorized dealers/sellers of the LJM designed LxxD series of class D amp modules are 'along1986090' and 'zoe_tsang'. Beware of copy cats and clones that may use sub-standard components. I bought several of the assembled L25D modules (mono) from along1986090 and have been very happy with them. Full disclosure: I had one that failed. Unless you're a purist you'll warm up to the overall sonic characteristics of these class D.

I have an L20 amp and love it. I bought mine form Sure-Hifi. Nothing but the highest praise for this amp, I am running it on a 32v dc wall wart supply that barely make 20 va, and its phenomenal with that. I cant wait to feed it with a real power supply.

I bought a LM3886 with tube buffer from Zoe_tsang about 3 years ago, and have never assembled it. However, the power supply caps it it have already leaked. Mine may have been an isolated case, but just thought I'll put it up.

Cool.
Srinath.

I have an L20 amp and love it. I bought mine form Sure-Hifi. Nothing but the highest praise for this amp, I am running it on a 32v dc wall wart supply that barely make 20 va, and its phenomenal with that. I cant wait to feed it with a real power supply.

I bought a LM3886 with tube buffer from Zoe_tsang about 3 years ago, and have never assembled it. However, the power supply caps it it have already leaked. Mine may have been an isolated case, but just thought I'll put it up.

Cool.
Srinath.

Hi Srinath.

You're running an L20D off a single 32v PS? I didn't know that you could do that. I recall reading somewhere that you could change sodme resistors to allow the amplifier to power up at lower voltages but I wasn't aware that you could them run off a single supply.

Can you please explain how you did it? :)

Thanks!

All i can suggest is read through the above-mentioned threads and soak in some of the different ideas and experiences with this kit. Lots of useful info.
I finished soldering mine after receiving a kit from Zoe Tzang on eBay.

Was very easy to complete, i will follow up when the project is finished.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.