IRS2092 keeps reetting

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello guys,I made a class d amplifier using the IRS2092 driver and when i first power it up it keeps resetting.This is the values for the OCP settings for IRFB5620 mosfets: High side OCP-7K5+2K7
Low side OCP-8K2+2K2
everything on the board seems to be OK.

Thanks! Ionut (Jhonny)

Hello guys,I made a class d amplifier using the IRS2092 driver and when i first power it up it keeps resetting.This is the values for the OCP settings for IRFB5620 mosfets: High side OCP-7K5+2K7
Low side OCP-8K2+2K2
everything on the board seems to be OK.

Thanks! Ionut (Jhonny)

If you post your scope wave forms we might be ale to help you. but you didn't supply a picture of your board or your diagram.

Problem solved! The problem was that i put 10 ohm 3w rezistors in series with the - and + power leads (precaution not to blow up in smoke at first power up) seems that IRS2092 chip does not like that,i just removed those and the amp power up perfect running at 400khz dead time 45ns OC set at 18A mosfets IRFB5620 ,sund is great!
Thank you all for the support!

DSC_0429_zps0648c7a9.jpg

Last edited:
I had a problem with the 2092 resetting at high powers.
I just had to scale the OCP and CSH resistors correctly.

I also had trouble with power off thumps and siren sounds with large smoothing capacitors. I had to add a PIC microcontroller to monitor VCC and hold the 2092 in reset if VCC reached 15 volts.

It is a touchy IC to work with, decoupling has to be right and layout kept tight.

This ic sucks, just too sensitive to board layout :/

You have to get it 100% right for it to work at all.

Copy the IR reference layout straight off and it might work.
Speaking as an amateur radio operator, I actually love the chip for this reason.

If the user hasn't put much thought into the board layout around the chip, they probably haven't put much thought into the output filter, power supply, and various other things that could cause the resulting amplifier to broadcast over the whole HF radio spectrum.

Copy the IR design. PLEASE.

D

Deleted member 148505

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.