Amp to small boombox? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 9th July 2013, 07:41 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

g0liat, have you made any progress with your small boombox?

I own a TDA7297 and a TA2024 and can definitely vouch for the TAT024 running 2 2.5" 4 ohm speakers in series (8ohm) per channel for at least 6 hours on my "4800" mAh Chinese Li-po on high to max volume continuously.
Old 9th July 2013, 10:02 PM   #12
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumpyLouis View Post
g0liat, have you made any progress with your small boombox?

I own a TDA7297 and a TA2024 and can definitely vouch for the TAT024 running 2 2.5" 4 ohm speakers in series (8ohm) per channel for at least 6 hours on my "4800" mAh Chinese Li-po on high to max volume continuously.
Hello, no I haven't start building it yet, but I've got all the components so maybe tomorrow(today) I'll start. I bought the 10W amp and it plays really good with my old boombox with 6,5" koax speakers so I think I'll be satisfied with it!
And im using a 5,4AH battery cause I had it lying around so maybe abit to big but well the measurements will be 36x12x14 so it still qualifies as a small one Will post some pics here maybe if its possible
Old 22nd July 2013, 11:51 AM   #13
diyAudio Member

Hello again, my boombox is now in progress.
But I would like to have a connection on the box that I can connect the charger to when the battery needs to be charged, without opening the box. So what is the best way to do this?
My first thought was to use a DC-plugg (2,1x5,5mm) but then I realized that it would be way to easy to get a short circuit this way if I have the stereo with me in the boat or when it's raining. So next thought then was using RCA-connections and put them a few centimeters apart from eachother, but is it possible to force that much electricity from the charger through RCA? Or what other ways are there?
I'd appreciate all tips!
Old 22nd July 2013, 01:01 PM   #14
diyAudio Member

Cigarette lighter plug for marine use.
Old 23rd July 2013, 06:16 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Too big to fit in :/ Only got somewhere around 20-25mm of height

Hide this!Advertise here!