Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 13th June 2013, 03:18 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to rosmawwar
Default how to make clarity and sweet vocal for class D amplifier?

Guys..i've build new diy amplifier.Just make a simple diy used 2x100watt class D 4 ohm...the original amplifier sound good for me..but,i want improve the amplifier with make clarity and sweet vocal...so,what should i do for the next step? what function if put small uF capacitor at the amplifier like 2.2uF or else? where to put it?

Click the image to open in full size.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Old 13th June 2013, 03:24 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Do you think putting a 2.2uf capacitor will improve the sound?
and where will you put this "magic" 2.2uf cap?

if the design is not so good, it will never sound good!!! No matter what cap you put!
Also did you try using another speakers?
Old 13th June 2013, 04:05 PM   #3
Banned

These amps are pretty mediocre at best. If you want anything with a bit of audio quality, look at the Hypex UcD and NCore stuff, or the Abletec modules at profusionplc.com

Technically you get better value for money with the Abletec modules as you get two channels + a psu for basically the same money as a single channel UcD/NCore module with no psu.
Old 13th June 2013, 04:50 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

Also check ClassD Audio for their amp modules. Regards
Old 13th June 2013, 06:39 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Connect it to good speakers with appropriate design to minimize distortion in vocal range.
Old 13th June 2013, 07:41 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Wieslaw Lipowsk
Just follow Trevor Marshall's advice: Trevor Marshall - Class D Audio Amplifier Design - TDA7498 Output filters

Last edited by Wieslaw Lipowsk; 13th June 2013 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo
Old 13th June 2013, 08:21 PM   #7
Banned

What you see in that link is why i stick to UcD and avoid pre filter feedback class d.
Old 16th June 2013, 04:16 AM   #8
redjr is offline redjr  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekko View Post
What you see in that link is why i stick to UcD and avoid pre filter feedback class d.
Tekko - What's the major disadvantage of pre-filter feedback over post-filter feedback? Link? Is this a subjective claim or can it be measured and why should I care? What are some class D amp modules beside NCore that offer a post filter feedback design. Abletec?
Old 16th June 2013, 04:51 AM   #9
paskal9 is offline paskal9  Malaysia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redjr View Post
Tekko - What's the major disadvantage of pre-filter feedback over post-filter feedback? Link? Is this a subjective claim or can it be measured and why should I care? What are some class D amp modules beside NCore that offer a post filter feedback design. Abletec?
major disadvantage is that the frequency cutoff varies with load. this, is taken from a behringer nu6000, which is pre-filter feedback class d amp:
Click the image to open in full size.
the cutoff and slope change with load impedence.

some design even have a bump in the frequency response at high frequency, making the amp sounding harsh, bright, ear piercing, noisy, sharp and everything else associated with a non flat high frequency response.
post filter feedback keep the freq response flat across the range in all (most) load impedance. there's measured response over in avsforum.

to avoid this problem, the cutoff could be made high enough so that it doesn't affect the 20-20khz range, but that only leaves the amp susceptible to carrier frequency.

most post-filter feedback design that i've seen have variable switching frequency, and most pre-filter feedback have a fixed frequency. no problem for most people, but variable switching frequency bodes ill if you intend to bridge them for high power application. at least in my experience.

pre filter feedback is all good if you have a fixed, single application for them and don't load them with vastly varying impedance.
Old 16th June 2013, 06:47 AM   #10
Banned

Pre filter feedback self oscillating varies as much in switching frequency as post filter feedback self oscillating, if not more so.

Only clocked/synced(frequency stabilized) class d has a constant switching frequency.

Hide this!Advertise here!