Carver Digital Amp Schematics Here

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well, Tripath went bankrupt and was bought (if I'm not mistaken) by Crystal Semiconductors for a piece of cake - just 2 or 3 Mio. Dollar.
Until today I've seen nothing on Crystal's website that they are willing to continue this (in my opinion) outstanding topology of class-D amplifiers. I believe that the 'end of life' for this product is reached - unfortunately.
So, don't use it anymore for new designs, or DIY, because it makes no sense to keep using it. You will ran into trouble if you need spare parts of these chips.
I know that Jan from www.41Hz.com has (still) a bunch (or a lot) of them in stock.

A little correction: It was Cirrus Logic that bought Tripath and the patents for 3.2 Mio. Dollar.
Furthermore ST Microelectronics was (and still is) licenced to manufacture these chips under a different name.
It could be the case that they are 'reborn' in the STA500 series but I haven't really figured that out yet. Nevertheless, they look somehow familiar.

However, Tripath itself is dead - that's for sure.
He (Mr. Tripathy, if I spelled his name correctly) was a genius of engineer but a bad businessman.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.