NHT power5 schematic

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone have the amplifier schematic or know where I could get it? I have an empty NHT power5 case, the only things left in it are the control board and the front LED display board. I just want to see which pin outs on the control board will light the power LED, and which one gets the trigger input, the trigger loop, and how to power the front LEDs. Thanks

From what i can tell, its just a box with five Icepower amp modules with integrated psu. So i'd doubt they actually even have a service manual. Cannot find anything on a quick google atleast.

It also looks like its controlled from a separate controller box with reinforces my belief its a I2C/SPI serial interface.

It is a lot more complex than just icepower modules in a case. There is an input bufer board (common for all 5 channels), then a big supply board that grabs and filters the supply from the two 500ASP modules and gives it to the 3x 500A modules. Then a microporcessor board with the 10/100 network interface, triggers and control circuits. Unfortunately I don't have schematics for it. The matching NHT Controller (pre/pro) communicates with the Power 5 amp over the 10/100 TCP/IP network interface.

V

Joined 2005
Paid Member
If it came with all the cables for the 500A and 500ASP modules, you are almost there.... My Power2 amp was easy to figure out (had one 500ASP and two 500A modules.

Each 500A module should have two connectors. Power/Speaker outs (black block) and one for the +/- Grnd for signal, +/-12v, audio gnd and mute (white connector). The 500ASP will have a another seperate cable for power to the unit.

Do you have the modules?

Joined 2005
Paid Member
My Power2 has at least four PCB boards. One for the inputs/outputs (big red board toward the back), a standard 12V switch mode power supply, a communication board (the board you have looks like this board) and another board for the mains power.

I am quite sure my boards are the same as a Power5, as I can see the other three connections for the three other channels.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.