Class D module needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, I am in need of a good class D half bridge module that can work up to +/- 110VDC (250V MosFET and driver), ~1200W into 4 Ohms, is cost-effective, does not need any additional housekeeping supply (for ease of use),... any suggestions? My Class AB Sony SRP-P450 has exploded into a cloud of smoke - only the PSU is still good - this gives a stable +/- 103VDC. I am not willing to deal with bipolar transistors trying to get that inefficient AB design running again. Any suggestions?

Sorry for the misunderstanding - I need a fully working module, not just a driver or some components (no time at hand to get it running - just plug and play). The IR modules of IRAUDAMP.... only use 200V MOS - I need a ready working module with 250V components (2 modules to be precise), since the PSU gives 2 x 103VDC, unfortunately.

You still need the 250V rated devices as the amp module on idle will not draw enough to get the voltage down from the 103 noload volts per rail.

I think theres a reason for there beeing no class d modules available that takes 100+ volts per rail, simply determined too dangerous even for experienced diyers, and thus why the high power class d comes as fullbridge running at half the rail voltage of a halfbridge.

And i can understand you you don't wanna diy from scratch, i was too very nervous the first time i threw the switch on my BIG class d project running 2x85V rails.

This sounds like its a PA amp judging from the rail voltages. Depending on what transistors were used, repairing it might be more than getting a new amp.

Did it just decide one day that it dident wanna live anymore and committed suicide or did it happen by accident such as a unintentional short of the speaker outputs while at moderate output power ?

"Did it just decide one day that it dident wanna live anymore and committed suicide or did it happen by accident such as a unintentional short of the speaker outputs while at moderate output power ? "

It was during some tests with no speakers connected that my DSP put out garbage at full level +20dBu that killed the amp.
Don't think the transistors are that expensive - guess that 8 or 10 of the are short. 2SC5359 / 2SA1987

A good design should survive a full +20dBu signal with no load no problem as it is essentially the same thing as turning your hifi to full volume with no speaker connected, never seen a home amp fail from that. I have even done it into loads well below the manual "absolute minimum load" witn no problems.

I would guess your amp was already on death row before this, ie already failing(like a bias circuit starting to go bad causing thermal runaway) where the full volume input was all needed to send it over the edge.

Yeah like i said, was probably already at its left leg and that input was enough to send it over the edge.

It could possibly also be one of those designs that without load jumps into uncontrolled oscillations beyond a certain output level causing instant destructive failure.

I didn't see it mentioned here, but you would have some serious bus pumping issues running half-bridge at those power levels anyway.

+/-120 V DC Class D Modules are available

digitclass.net

TN5000 SPECIFICATIONS:
• 850 W @ 8 ohms (+/-125V)
• 1,450 W @ 4 ohms (+/-125V)
• 2,550 W @ 2 ohms (+/-125V)

• 1,070 W @ 8 ohms (+/-140V)
• 2,030 W @ 4 ohms (+/-140V)
• 2,700 W @ 2.66 ohms (+/-140V) (ไม่แนะนำกรณีใช้งานจริง)

• Input Impedance : 47k ohms unbalanced
• Frequency Response : 20 Hz - 20 kHz
• Supply Voltage : +/-75V to +/-140V
• Bias : Include

ราคาเต็ม: 2,150 บาท

พิเศษ ราคาโปรโมชั่นช่วงแนะนำสินค้า 1,750 บาท

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.