TPA3116D2 Amp - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 18th June 2013, 12:57 AM   #11
xrk971 is online now xrk971  United States
diyAudio Member

I used aluminum foil glued under paper as ground plane.
Old 18th June 2013, 02:51 AM   #12
DUG is offline DUG  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrk971 View Post
I used aluminum foil glued under paper as ground plane.
I stand (sit) corrected.

Old 18th June 2013, 03:28 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theAnonymous1 View Post
I've been using J-B Weld to glue on heatsinks for years. It works really well. I couldn't tell you what its thermal conductivity is, but it definitely works better than nothing!
JB Weld is annother good idea, I also was thinking superglue, I have some that is rated to 200 degrees F.
Old 23rd June 2013, 08:44 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

Hi, Congrates on your project, I am glad more people are finding out about this great chip range. I would do as D2 advises and change your chip to the 3118, i use this chip and over the last few months have trown everything but the kitched sink at it, so far no smoke. the extra power is also very usefull.
Old 26th July 2013, 12:51 AM   #15
diyAudio Member

Unfortunately it sounds like Cristi of Connexelectronic won't be selling these amps because of shipping costs(?) He has a prototype done but that's all. Too bad because I do believe these chips from a sound quality stand point are head and shoulders above the IR2092, tripath, etc. There are even comparisons with it holding its own against Ncore (apples and oranges though really). The $$$$ crowd at audiocircle are still raving about the TBI amp based on the 3100D2 chip.

I am more an audiophile than technical so can't really help in terms of getting boards made. Hopefully someone takes up the slack. I still have the $10 Part Express 3110 amp and it is so good that I haven't even thought about it in months. Which given my tweaker/diy tendencies is saying a LOT.
Old 26th July 2013, 05:49 PM   #16
Cristi is offline Cristi  Europe
diyAudio Member

I'll try to find a cheaper shipping alternative, if not possible, will discusse with distributors if they want to carry some stock. Another idea is to organize some GB as the shipping per volume is way cheaper per each unit than shipping one by one. Imagine that the shipping cost for 5-7 pcs is the same as per one pcs since the weight threshold is 0.5Kg as required by shipping carrier. I changed the shipping service couple of months ago and only use registered airmail or courier for larger packages to make sure the delivery is reliable and their cost is higher.
Old 27th July 2013, 03:32 AM   #17
Lo_Tse is offline Lo_Tse  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
I'll try to find a cheaper shipping alternative, if not possible, will discusse with distributors if they want to carry some stock. Another idea is to organize some GB as the shipping per volume is way cheaper per each unit than shipping one by one. Imagine that the shipping cost for 5-7 pcs is the same as per one pcs since the weight threshold is 0.5Kg as required by shipping carrier. I changed the shipping service couple of months ago and only use registered airmail or courier for larger packages to make sure the delivery is reliable and their cost is higher.
I definitely will be intersted if you have a 3116D2 amp module available. You are right, shipping is always big factor in making buying decision.

Regards,
Old 27th July 2013, 04:03 AM   #18
diyAudio Member

Default Proper enclosure for 3116, finally...

I finally mounted some proper banana terminals and RCA input jacks for my TPA3116D2. I am using the direct wire from the 19V laptop brick to the PCB.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPA3116d2-Enclosure.JPG (593.4 KB, 2334 views)
Old 27th July 2013, 04:09 AM   #19
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristi View Post
What is price in $USD for TPA3116D2 amp not including shipping?
Old 27th July 2013, 04:13 AM   #20
DUG is offline DUG  Canada
diyAudio Member

If there are enough interested...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TPA311x.JPG (171.3 KB, 1670 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!