TPA3116D2 Amp

Here is my new bi-amp active XO setup with the miniDSP and the dual Ybdz. It sounds great! I am using it for my Nautaloss Ref Monitor system http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/247598-nautaloss-ref-monitor.html and slot-loaded OB http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/full-range/249984-cheap-fast-ob-literally.html.

407234d1395370969-cheap-fast-ob-literally-minidsp-biamp.jpg

How did you hook up a volume pot to your mini?? Can any mini do that?? I have a version 1.5 sitting here...would like to try it!!

Thanks!!

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
The volume pot was a $2 option when I ordered the miniDSP. A no brainer - it is actually a pot that acts as a voltage divider for the on board 3 volt (?) source and an ADC reads that voltage and applies the volume control digitally in the preamp section. So the volume control is very smooth and scratch free. This means that you can have a remote voltage control the volume.

It works great as a preamp with ability to drive 2 volts - enough to clip most amplifiers. There is also muting capability etc. To enable the volume knob, click the enable volume knob button in the main screen where you pick save and load settings.

MiniDSP is a very good value and sounds very good. I can't hear or measure the difference in SQ with it in place vs out when running it straight thru as a buffer preamp. And if course it sounds good when you apply XO's and EQ. You can hook up your own DAC via i2s if you are picky though.

Here is my NEW 4 Channels Remote Volume Controller and hooking up with YJ Blue board.

I use the Voltage converter from Single 24V to +/- 12V for PGA power supply. Now sharing the one SMPS(24V) for TPA3116 and PGA2311.

The Codes supporting the Apple remote and TPA3116 mute, S/D controls.

TPA3116_PGA2311_A1.jpg

TPA3116_PGA2311_A2.jpg

TPA3116_PGA2311_A3.jpg

Uses all Nichicon FG caps

would be VERY interested in this pre-amp with two of the smaller tpa3116 board sync'd and set up mono in complete package--enclosure, power supply, rca and speaker jacks, etc. complete amp build.

Yes, have more add-on features for this Pre-amp.
Here is my WIFI module, which supporting the AIRPLAY and DLNA audio steam playback. Now waiting for Daughter PCB back and stack on top of PGA Pre-Amp board for complete it.

i will build the little complete amp with below components and features:
1) LCD Remote Volume Control
2) 4 Channels Selector (one internal channel for WIFI Audio Steamer, others for external RCA input)
3) Powered by TPA3116
4) Mono Block with Sync'd or Stereo in one box.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thanks steveeboy :) !

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Looking to get those versions as well. I'm very interested once I see it sold on another website.:D

I bought mine here: Wholesale Product Snapshot Product name is Free Shipping! 1pc TPA3116 Class D digital amplifier 50W +50 W with Silent Sleep Design

But unless you are prepared for 2 month wait, not advised. It is a very good price for the quality of the board though. No problems so far, the inductors seem good as they do not even run warm at all. Great heatsinks too.

I recently shipped something to China with first class mail and it cost more than this amp (free shipping). So you have to take it for what it is...

Edit: oops, I see you were talking about different amp...

Last edited: