Inexpensive classD amp ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Do NOT NOT NOT NOT buy that one, its rated to an absolute minimum load impedance of 8 ohms absolute minimum!!!

Try it on 4 ohms and it will blow up in your face, and no you cannot simply lower the rail voltages as the load impedance limitation lies in the mosfets themselves, also the IRS2092 has a undervoltage lockout so it wont even start if the rail voltages are below 2x55VDC, and no you cannot change this as its a combination of several resistors and zener diodes that are also part of other functions meaning change one resistor value and u have to recalculate pretty much every resistor on the board.

Not to mention beeing sold on ebay there is a 99.9% risk of the components beeing counterfeit = the thing is essentially a armed bomb.

Do NOT NOT NOT NOT buy that one, its rated to an absolute minimum load impedance of 8 ohms absolute minimum!!!

Try it on 4 ohms and it will blow up in your face, and no you cannot simply lower the rail voltages as the load impedance limitation lies in the mosfets themselves, also the IRS2092 has a undervoltage lockout so it wont even start if the rail voltages are below 2x55VDC, and no you cannot change this as its a combination of several resistors and zener diodes that are also part of other functions meaning change one resistor value and u have to recalculate pretty much every resistor on the board.

Not to mention beeing sold on ebay there is a 99.9% risk of the components beeing counterfeit = the thing is essentially a armed bomb.

Sounds like you tried to do all those things and had a Massive Fail, maybe you should stick to the recommended parameters.. or should have bought the L15D instead( which works wonderfully for me thank you very much)

The OP isn't asking about any of the points you raise.. and like I said, run it within the parameters recommended by the designer, and you'll probably be fine.

*removed info about Sure board.. read about some reliability issues on another thread*

Last edited:
I got one.
Sure sent me their board with seven SMD 220/50 electrolityc caps instead of regular you can see in the photo. The bass output is weaker than what I get from TDA7492 with regular 220/50's. The high tones are a little bit better and cleaner, though. I also replaced the input and filter caps in both amps.

I noticed on the picture of the board (following the link in the first post) the marking LJM_LJM. I have read from other threads in the forum that there are "copy cats" of the same amp floating in EBay that used cheap/fake parts. So buyers beware. Apparently, there are only 2 EBay dealers that are selling real LJM stuffs supplied by the shop of LJM. LJM posts in this forum once in a while about some of his designs.

Regards,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.