Topping TP60 versus Marantz PM6004

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am in the market to purchase a two-channel amplifier mainly for listening music in the living room. I am currently considering between the Topping TP60 and the Marantz PM6004. For those who had the chance to listen to both, which of them have the music quality? Never mind the other differences such as price, remote control or others, I am concerned with music quality only so if you can compare them music quality-wise, I would highly appreciate it.

My first choice really would be Topping TP60 but I wonder if the Marantz PM6004 would be a significant upgrade. I'm sure Rotel RA-10 is a very good hi-fi receiver as the Best Buy award bestowed on it suggests but it is not within my price range at the moment.

You may want to look at some used integrated amps by Rotel, NAD, Adcom and the like. If I had to pick between your two choices, I would go with the Marantz. I believe the damping factor alone is quite a bit higher than any of the Topping amps. For me, I did not like the rather lose control the topping exerted on my speakers. I sold it after about a week.

My first choice really would be Topping TP60 but I wonder if the Marantz PM6004 would be a significant upgrade. I'm sure Rotel RA-10 is a very good hi-fi receiver as the Best Buy award bestowed on it suggests but it is not within my price range at the moment.

My Topping TP60 is a good sounding amplifier for the money but could possibly give you problems if used with a radio tuner but I haven't tested mine. The $600 Marantz PM6004 is little doubt a significant upgrade but way outside your budget. Another option to consider would be a Texas Instruments TPA3116D2 evaluation module which is more DIR but also very likely a sound quality upgrade over the tripath Topping TP60.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.