DPS-500/D & CD254

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi to all
i'm not new there, but i'm not a really diyer..i'm used to build some kits..just for try and for my amusement..but nothing really made from scratch..:eek:
Ok..i've a multiamp diy system and, usually, i drive my woofers 18Sound with my Nuforce Ref 9 SE V3..but..problem..i've blown one for my stupid mistake..so.. no music?? :eek:
Luckily i had a couple of ClassDaudio CDA-254L Kit stored at home..so..assembled as bridged mono amp tested..go!!
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Aarrggh... music was almost unlistenable..bass is slooooww..bloomy..flown..uncontrolled...a real tragedy..
Well...i've purchased new pcb frm my reseller Nuforce and, in the meanwhile..i've changed the original psu in the kits with a couple of Audiopower dps500/d..
attachment.php

Ohh..now all is ok.. bass is firm..fast..articulad but very rich...in one word..perfect at my hears...
I've listened at this sytem for many weeks..and i'm very happy..i will be happier when I receive my sda 400 too..for sure..( Already tested on my twetters Hi RT2Pro)..But...i've repaired my Nuforce..they now works perfectly..but i've stll in my setup the strange combo CDA-254/DPS500D..The Nuforce hare still on my rear system..really a luxury surround i think :).. For sure the envelopes for "la strana coppia" are quite audiophiles..
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Of course..IMVHO..this is a real big upgrade/improvement for this little , cheap, and red amp...:p
Ehi..someone need a couple of Heavy Duty DC Power Supply complete with trans ..:) ??:D:D
THX for patience..and, as usual, forgive my terrific english :eek: ..it's just for sharing :)
Grazie
Gianni

Attachments

• IMG_2410poljiot2.jpg
    IMG_2410poljiot2.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 341
  • IMG_2290poljiot2.jpg
    IMG_2290poljiot2.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 809
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 93
Hi to all
i'm not new there, but i'm not a really diyer..i'm used to build some kits..just for try and for my amusement..but nothing really made from scratch..:eek:
Ok..i've a multiamp diy system and, usually, i drive my woofers 18Sound with my Nuforce Ref 9 SE V3..but..problem..i've blown one for my stupid mistake..so.. no music?? :eek:
Luckily i had a couple of ClassDaudio CDA-254L Kit stored at home..so..assembled as bridged mono amp tested..go!!

Aarrggh... music was almost unlistenable..bass is slooooww..bloomy..flown..uncontrolled...a real tragedy..
Well...i've purchased new pcb frm my reseller Nuforce and, in the meanwhile..i've changed the original psu in the kits with a couple of Audiopower dps500/d..
attachment.php

Ohh..now all is ok.. bass is firm..fast..articulad but very rich...in one word..perfect at my hears...
I've listened at this sytem for many weeks..and i'm very happy..i will be happier when I receive my sda 400 too..for sure..( Already tested on my twetters Hi RT2Pro)..But...i've repaired my Nuforce..they now works perfectly..but i've stll in my setup the strange combo CDA-254/DPS500D..The Nuforce hare still on my rear system..really a luxury surround i think :).. For sure the envelopes for "la strana coppia" are quite audiophiles..

Of course..IMVHO..this is a real big upgrade/improvement for this little , cheap, and red amp...:p
Ehi..someone need a couple of Heavy Duty DC Power Supply complete with trans ..:) ??:D:D
THX for patience..and, as usual, forgive my terrific english :eek: ..it's just for sharing :)
Grazie
Gianni

You have done EXACTLY what I was going to do last year using Robertos SMPS with Class D audio's IR based amp modules.

HOW DOES IT SOUND !?!

giannettino I'm not surprised at your results.

I had a conversation about PSUs with Ed Meitner some years ago and also Kingwa about his power supply designs and this experience reaffirms what the gurus had to say.

I can't imagine what the original MDS amp modules were like using that SMPS and Class-D MXD. I think it's worth paying Bruno his IP to have that original design of the amp modules IF it's design used Bruno's IP in some of the circuit as a lot of us speculate.

Last edited:
Hello Hiro..
as stated, i uso these amps in a multi-amp environment..so, used in the low unit..the 15" linked above..the play very good..Yesterdey i've enjoyed the new Bowie's album.Wow..a lot of deep electric bass..Very good performance again.
I plain to prepare suitable enclosures..then some test with full range speakers..
Ciao..
P.S: My name is Gianni..no way to change my Nick??

Are you guys ever going to make a DPA-400/F-3 with NA mains ?

I really think you're missing the NA market not making a 120V version Roberto.
Hi HiroPro,
It's not official but I know that Audio-Power (new eng.team) working right on "DPA-400/F-3" (only this version) for "direct" VAC 110V-130V with same special performances at output of amplifier Vs. load.
"Direct" mean it not use a duplicator in high voltage filter. this mean that not use a serial big capacitors as others smps when switch at 110V.

regards

Roberto

Hello Hiro..
as stated, i uso these amps in a multi-amp environment..so, used in the low unit..the 15" linked above..the play very good..Yesterdey i've enjoyed the new Bowie's album.Wow..a lot of deep electric bass..Very good performance again.
I plain to prepare suitable enclosures..then some test with full range speakers..
Ciao..
P.S: My name is Gianni..no way to change my Nick??

What do you use for an active xover ?

Hi HiroPro,
It's not official but I know that Audio-Power (new eng.team) working right on "DPA-400/F-3" (only this version) for "direct" VAC 110V-130V with same special performances at output of amplifier Vs. load.
"Direct" mean it not use a duplicator in high voltage filter. this mean that not use a serial big capacitors as others smps when switch at 110V.

regards

Roberto

Payment sent for the promo deal.

THANKS AP2 !!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.