Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd March 2013, 09:57 PM   #1
tigox is offline tigox  Portugal
diyAudio Member

Exclamation sure electronics 2x100W blown??

Hey i bought this board a year or something ago, and today i was testing in in my new project when it stopped working.....
The led still lights up, there is no music or what so ever coming out of the output, and nothing seems blown on the board...
So any ideas at all :S '?[IMG]Click the image to open in full size.[/IMG]

Click the image to open in full size.

i really hope someone can help me i love this little board and it left a void in my home audio...
thank you so much for any help possible
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:06 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

forgot to mention i was only using a channel and now the're both not working so maybe it's the tc2000 chip? it's outputing to both tk2050 right?
Old 2nd March 2013, 10:18 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JonSnell Electronic
Have you a schematic?
Old 2nd March 2013, 11:04 PM   #4
diyAudio Member

i can only find the ver. 1.0 that is a slightly older board but no significant diference i think : http://www.sure-electronics.net/down..._Ver1.0_EN.pdf
Old 15th March 2013, 02:10 PM   #5
diyAudio Member

Default Schematic of 2x100W sure electronics board

I am attaching the schematics of the amp board you are having trouble with, hope this helps. Have you already checked the power supply voltage? Under 10V, and over 30V the unit shuts down.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf AA-AB32186V210-1.pdf (40.6 KB, 59 views)
Old 15th March 2013, 02:52 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Many people have blown up their Sure "2x100W" by using them with car audio head units or other high signal voltage signal which will burn of the input in the TC2000 chip. Perhaps this is the problem.
Old 19th March 2013, 05:18 PM   #7
diyAudio Member

I have been reading the TC2000 documentation carefully and now I have another clue for you. The sure electronics amp has a resistor of 10kOhm labelled R20 in the mute path. The tripath doc says: " When the device is in mute, the pin must be “pulled low” via approximately 1kohm to overcome the internal latch and change the TC2000 state (i.e. out of mute). When the device is not in mute, the mute pin must be “pulled high” via approximately 2kohm to overcome the internal latch and change the TK2050 state (i.e. into mute). ", so the people designing the amp in Hongkong were again missing some english or math lessons, because 10 kOhm >> 1kOhm! This way, if the amp enters mute mode on this board, maybe it will never be able to leave this mode, unless the R20 is replaced by a resistor with 1kOhm value.
Old 10th May 2013, 06:26 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

thank you all so much, i'm sorry but i only saw your replies today :S, ok then i will try those options
Old 10th May 2013, 06:31 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterLukacs View Post
I have been reading the TC2000 documentation carefully and now I have another clue for you. The sure electronics amp has a resistor of 10kOhm labelled R20 in the mute path. The tripath doc says: " When the device is in mute, the pin must be “pulled low” via approximately 1kohm to overcome the internal latch and change the TC2000 state (i.e. out of mute). When the device is not in mute, the mute pin must be “pulled high” via approximately 2kohm to overcome the internal latch and change the TK2050 state (i.e. into mute). ", so the people designing the amp in Hongkong were again missing some english or math lessons, because 10 kOhm >> 1kOhm! This way, if the amp enters mute mode on this board, maybe it will never be able to leave this mode, unless the R20 is replaced by a resistor with 1kOhm value.

Thank you , i will take a look at that resistor ^^

Hide this!Advertise here!