Question about IR's iraudamp7s design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I've spent a lot of time searching here for this answer to no avail although I may have missed it somewhere. Anyway perhaps someone can offer me there opinion. The IR IRS2092 design is documented at http://www.irf.com/technical-info/refdesigns/iraudamp7s.pdf. Various clones or modified clones are available, for example by Sure: 2 Channel 250Watt Class D Audio Amplifier Board - IRS2092 250W Stereo Power Amp | eBay

In the IR documentation they list the capabilities of the design with different output devices. The AMP7S-200 variation with IRFI4020H-117P output MOSFETs states that it does not support Full Bridge operation. However it seems to me that it should be possible to bridge this variant as long as the supply voltage is kept to +-50v in order to control the maximum current through the MOSFETs. Is my understanding correct?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply Nigel. My understanding was that the bridged configuration avoids the issue of bus pumping and this would be desirable especially for an amp which I intend to use for (amongst other things) bass guitar. The IR design includes an inverting opamp on board for the purpose of bridging the two channels. I'm interested in the concept in my first post because the aforementioned Sure board appears to be a clone of the 250W IR design and is relatively inexpensive. I haven't been able to get a straight answer out of Sure about bridging this board but it seems logical to me that it would work as long as the output device current is kept under control.
cheers
Rich

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.