12,000W Amp with DSP for $599? - Page 9 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2013, 10:00 PM   #81
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I am seriously considering to buy an iNuke6kDSP für my Top Speakers (RCF Event 4000) instead of using the DCX2496 plus my old but still good Sony SRP-P450 Amplifier. My Crown XTI6002 for the subwoofers has its own DSP, so I don't need a dedicated DSP unit. And the Price for iNuke6kDSP is incredible. EUR438 for DSP PLUS 2 x 1200RMS into 8Ohms in one unit (!). Since I have a dedicated 230VAC-Phase for each Amp, I do not care about missing PFC or high peak / RMS line currents (need only 2 x 400RMS output for my 2 Top Speakers). Does anybody have experience with the sound of the iNuke6000? Is it "transparent" on 8 Ohms - Top-Speakers? How is the DSP compared to the DCX2496?
 
Old 4th March 2013, 10:47 AM   #82
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
And can I expect the iNuke fan to be less noisy if the amp is driven only into 8 Ohms light load vs. continuous full power into 4 Ohms?
 
Old 4th March 2013, 08:46 PM   #83
abcdmku is offline abcdmku  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaTom View Post
I am seriously considering to buy an iNuke6kDSP für my Top Speakers (RCF Event 4000) instead of using the DCX2496 plus my old but still good Sony SRP-P450 Amplifier. My Crown XTI6002 for the subwoofers has its own DSP, so I don't need a dedicated DSP unit. And the Price for iNuke6kDSP is incredible. EUR438 for DSP PLUS 2 x 1200RMS into 8Ohms in one unit (!). Since I have a dedicated 230VAC-Phase for each Amp, I do not care about missing PFC or high peak / RMS line currents (need only 2 x 400RMS output for my 2 Top Speakers). Does anybody have experience with the sound of the iNuke6000? Is it "transparent" on 8 Ohms - Top-Speakers? How is the DSP compared to the DCX2496?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaTom View Post
And can I expect the iNuke fan to be less noisy if the amp is driven only into 8 Ohms light load vs. continuous full power into 4 Ohms?

Yes, it will be "less noisy" at light loads of 8 Ohm as of full power into 4. The amp is loud to start with though.

As for DCX2496, I never used it. I personally would only consider buying the DCX if I needed lot of amps and would buy the non-DSP iNuke. If not I'd stick to one unit with DSP built in.
 
Old 4th March 2013, 09:38 PM   #84
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
My System consists of 2 RCF Event 4000 plus 2 18Sound 18NLW9400 in BR enclosure. The 18" Subs are driven by XTI6002 (internal DSP). For the Top Speakers I d need DSP plus amp, BUT to have the DSPs ADC always working at full level, setting the volume can only be done AFTER the DSP - everything else would mean amplifying noise which I don't like. So I could use iNuke6000DSP and set the volume directly by the attenuators. But then there is 2 of them and I would like to set the volume of both top speakers by 1 pot only. (For the XTI6002 this is no issue, since it is in bridge mode and only one pot "active"). I think this problem is not so rare - is there anybody who can help me or who has had the same troubles?
I am definitely against the idea of setting the volume by a pot (mixer...) before the active X-Over / DSP in the signal chain.
 
Old 5th March 2013, 04:17 PM   #85
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaTom View Post
My System consists of 2 RCF Event 4000 plus 2 18Sound 18NLW9400 in BR enclosure. The 18" Subs are driven by XTI6002 (internal DSP). For the Top Speakers I d need DSP plus amp, BUT to have the DSPs ADC always working at full level, setting the volume can only be done AFTER the DSP - everything else would mean amplifying noise which I don't like. So I could use iNuke6000DSP and set the volume directly by the attenuators. But then there is 2 of them and I would like to set the volume of both top speakers by 1 pot only. (For the XTI6002 this is no issue, since it is in bridge mode and only one pot "active"). I think this problem is not so rare - is there anybody who can help me or who has had the same troubles?
I am definitely against the idea of setting the volume by a pot (mixer...) before the active X-Over / DSP in the signal chain.
It seems that pretty much all pro audio amps have separate attenuators for each channel, so in any stereo PA setup you're going to be cutting level with two knobs in the amp.....which really isn't that hard and they are notched on the behriginger just like other amps. I don't think this unique to your situation, pretty much any PA you want your line level signals pretty high without distortion, right?

http://www.rane.com/note135.html

Last edited by turbodawg; 5th March 2013 at 04:19 PM.
 
Old 5th March 2013, 04:28 PM   #86
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaTom View Post
And can I expect the iNuke fan to be less noisy if the amp is driven only into 8 Ohms light load vs. continuous full power into 4 Ohms?
I haven't been able to tell if the fan gets louder with more load, mine is quite loud already when just turned on. I would not use this in-room for casual music or HT use without a quiet fan mod. If you're going to average over 100db at the listening position it's ok but still has a negative impact on the noise floor. I always run a projector and normal desktop PC tower, it is much louder than both together. For full tilt PA use it should be fine.
 
Old 5th March 2013, 04:32 PM   #87
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaTom View Post
Does anybody have experience with the sound of the iNuke6000? Is it "transparent" on 8 Ohms - Top-Speakers? How is the DSP compared to the DCX2496?
I have listened to the 1k, 3k and own the 6k, they all sound quite good/musical/clear/detailed and do an excellent job driving complex loads within their specs. I would not run the 6k into anything less than 4 ohms nominal, but the 3k seems to do quite well into a complex 2.5 ohm load.

Last edited by turbodawg; 5th March 2013 at 04:34 PM.
 
Old 5th March 2013, 05:39 PM   #88
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
"I haven't been able to tell if the fan gets louder with more load, mine is quite loud already when just turned on. I would not use this in-room for casual music or HT use without a quiet fan mod. If you're going to average over 100db at the listening position it's ok but still has a negative impact on the noise floor. I always run a projector and normal desktop PC tower, it is much louder than both together. For full tilt PA use it should be fine."

My music listening is usually about 1m in front of the speakers between 100dB and 130dB for disco evening (would like to have more but is too expensive). Also, the fans would produce most noise in behind the rack, while I am usually in front.
 
Old 5th March 2013, 06:38 PM   #89
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViennaTom View Post
"I haven't been able to tell if the fan gets louder with more load, mine is quite loud already when just turned on. I would not use this in-room for casual music or HT use without a quiet fan mod. If you're going to average over 100db at the listening position it's ok but still has a negative impact on the noise floor. I always run a projector and normal desktop PC tower, it is much louder than both together. For full tilt PA use it should be fine."

My music listening is usually about 1m in front of the speakers between 100dB and 130dB for disco evening (would like to have more but is too expensive). Also, the fans would produce most noise in behind the rack, while I am usually in front.
That's REALLY bad for your hearing. About 20 minutes at 105-110 db makes my ears ring.
 
Old 5th March 2013, 06:46 PM   #90
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Ringing starts with too much trebles after about 2 -3 hours. If you can mix fat bass into your sound, then the ear's "auto-protection" will set your ears to less sensitive, so the trebles cant hurt you. In other words, big multi-KW-powered Subwoofers can increase the "feeling" of sound, while actually protecting your ears against those trebles. That is one reason why I choose XTI6002: to have quite a headroom on 16 Ohms bridged (up to 2400Watts continuous).
 

Closed Thread


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does anybody know of a UcD power amp with onboard DSP? ptwining Class D 0 7th August 2010 11:21 PM
RS-232 cable for DSP-Amp Digisynthetic DSP-1400 Sabbelbacke Parts 0 9th May 2009 10:33 AM
mg 100 dsp marshall amp topkat Chip Amps 0 24th October 2006 11:31 PM
active crossovers : off the shelf & DSP views/experiences jacklelad Multi-Way 24 23rd October 2005 02:20 AM
Dsp controled digital amp? partyjups Solid State 3 6th October 2001 04:41 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:53 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright ©1999-2014 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2