Adam A7x amp type? - Page 2 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th January 2013, 04:38 PM   #11
diyAudio Member

Just got my A7x, omg i'm blown away, so much power!!! its insane!!!! never expected to listen such a powerful sound from "small" speakers, the bass is great, deep and has punch, which kinda speak of AMP quality power/design as well i guess?

I pushed them hard for few songs at +10dB with ASIO driver sofware volume control on max, (bit perfect which max out the volume - bypass windows kernel) and no sign of any distortion! speechless!

They sound bigger, deeper, stronger, play more effortless then the then A3x, bigger soundstage, like 3D, low mids are insane, bass is impressive, and the highs are more defined.....its like night and day difference really...

Thanks all for helping me make my choice, the A7x are amazing speakers, if they have tons of output, and no distortion, does that means that the AMP/power design is good, or its more complicated then that, i'mt not worried at all, i just want to learn a bit
Old 25th January 2013, 05:55 PM   #12
Baldin is offline Baldin  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Baldin
I'm sure thay are good and sound super, but your statement of Power and Insane ...... we're talking about a speaker with a 7 inch driver and an AMT!!!!!
Hope you'll get a chance to listen to a big speaker

On the other hand driving a speaker through an electronic filter and with a separate power amp for each driver is just such a better way than lossy filters in passive speakers and single amp
Kind regards Baldin
Old 25th January 2013, 05:59 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the answer, you mean Air motion transformer?

By my standards, and for my small room, 4x4 they are very powerful, because i used A3x before

Hide this!Advertise here!