The most revealing, unforgiving and detailed class-T amplifier on the market ? - Page 4 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 19th January 2013, 06:35 PM   #31
Bare is offline Bare  Canada
diyAudio Member

Yeah.. yuck it up :-)
Original Tripath chips had No country of origin label on them, neither does this one.
I had assumed it was US made.. my bad.
Bought on a whim, several (4/5?) years ago from a US supply house and in sealed Tripath packaging, I naively assumed it was genuine.
Fakes were not quite the disease they are currently.
Inarguably the sounds are clearly 'better' than my 'Korea' Ta chips.
Smoother treble/deeper bass as a start, dynamics seem improved as well, a pleasing sound actually.
Perhaps it's down to the using the Exact Tripath Datasheet circuit then?

Last edited by Bare; 19th January 2013 at 06:39 PM.
Old 27th January 2013, 12:31 PM   #32
aarvin2 is offline aarvin2  Mauritius
diyAudio Member

More opinions ? anyone ?
Old 7th February 2013, 05:40 AM   #33
prezden is offline prezden  Canada
diyAudio Member

Another alternative would be the TPA31XX series from Texas Instruments. I'd love to hear what folks think of these amps compared to the Tripaths.
Old 7th February 2013, 10:00 AM   #34
diyAudio Member

hi
what about TA2022 ?
is this good class T amp ?
Old 7th February 2013, 02:02 PM   #35
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ionutzxpo
Class T =Class D (prefilter feedback) nothing special, I use both (pre+postfilter) feedback in my amps + some "lag feed circuit" ,and the amp sounds fantastic!
Old 7th February 2013, 07:16 PM   #36
Drewfus is offline Drewfus  Canada
diyAudio Member

I've listened to the TA2020, TK2050 and TA2022 fairly extensively. I liked them all (for what they are anyway) but the 2022 was my favourite. Clean, very revealing with a great stereo image and good instrument separation. It was a bit cold and fatiguing though without a tube preamp. A good Mullard tube helped add warmth and life.
Old 8th February 2013, 02:33 AM   #37
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadighorbani View Post
hi
what about TA2022 ?
is this good class T amp ?
The Tripath TA2022 was a good chip 10 years ago. Is it not time to get off the nostalgia kick and move on ? Tripath chips are obsolete. Are they not ? Hypex has overpriced their best products to the point they are useless to anyone who actually listens to music. The highly praised Pioneer digital amplifiers use Icepower technology. The most interesting amplifier, the TBI Millenia MG3 actually uses a Texas Instruments TPA3100 chip which itself is a few years old. The just released Texas Instruments TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2, and TPA3130D2 should be exciting everyone. They just might the finest digital amplifier chips in the word today and also very affordable. More even newer designs will be coming out in the future no doubt.
Old 10th February 2013, 07:59 PM   #38
aarvin2 is offline aarvin2  Mauritius
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssportclay View Post
The Tripath TA2022 was a good chip 10 years ago. Is it not time to get off the nostalgia kick and move on ? Tripath chips are obsolete. Are they not ? Hypex has overpriced their best products to the point they are useless to anyone who actually listens to music. The highly praised Pioneer digital amplifiers use Icepower technology. The most interesting amplifier, the TBI Millenia MG3 actually uses a Texas Instruments TPA3100 chip which itself is a few years old. The just released Texas Instruments TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2, and TPA3130D2 should be exciting everyone. They just might the finest digital amplifier chips in the word today and also very affordable. More even newer designs will be coming out in the future no doubt.
Have you tested any of the Texas Instruments chips ?
Old 10th February 2013, 08:46 PM   #39
nesha is offline nesha  Serbia
diyAudio Member

I'm listening BetyK TQWT/ TPA3110 combo, it is detailed and smooth at the same time. It' certainly more revealing then my old Denon PMA250. And TPA3110 is smallest and weakest
chip in TPA31XX line, at 4w/ch.
Old 10th February 2013, 11:52 PM   #40
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarvin2 View Post
Have you tested any of the Texas Instruments chips ?
No, but I have read dozens of statements of people who own TI Amps. I do actually own a Topping TP60. I think that it is a decent amplifier for the money but hardly state of the art. It also pales compared to my Odyssey Khartago. Interestingly, in my Texas Instruments readings, they are working on some higher power stereo amplifier chips than the brand new TPA3116D2, TPA3118D2, and TPA3130D2 chips released this last summer. Digital amplification is the future and vacuum tube manufacturing may experience the same fate as Kodak film by the end of the decade.

Hide this!Advertise here!