My class D amp

thanks manoj. but have you tried it practically?. and between ucd aud625 and nonucd aud600 which do you prefer in terms of durability , sound quality and low noise.

Hi stewin,

not tried 4x AUD600. AUD600 is good for all

your picture shows heat sink not grounded. may be it will create problem; low side MOSFET will conduct more with noise,more current will occur.
You can try a 33k (at least 0.5W) resistor from positive power rail to the VB pin of the IR chip.
for IR2110/3 or IR2011 don't do this. for high volume more current will draw and fuse blow(DT change). for low sound mosfet will heat up

Regards
MANOJ

wow thanks alot manoj :)

looks like i'll have to finish nonucd aud 900 because your amp was great nonucd aud600.

even though i never got the chance to try the( ucd aud5 625 on ucd 25 watts to 1200 watts using 2 mosfets pg 167 post#1663 and #1664 ) how was it or where was it not better than aud 600?:scratch:

>>>irs900d is simple but has issues which i cannot figure out.

after grounding the heat sink of my irs900d and i will post results. after i will have to polish up on smps and crossover i'll share on the artwork .

thanks manoj for all support :) :)

Last edited:
Hi stewin,

not tried 4x AUD600. AUD600 is good for all

your picture shows heat sink not grounded. may be it will create problem; low side MOSFET will conduct more with noise,more current will occur.

for IR2110/3 or IR2011 don't do this. for high volume more current will draw and fuse blow(DT change). for low sound mosfet will heat up

Regards
MANOJ

Did you try AUD 600 with LM311 instead of TL071 ?

have working design and sound clear and very good ?

No noise, not anything problem

Hi,

90% over, still not completed :(

Regards
MANOJ

Attachments

• solder-AUD1000SD.png
    solder-AUD1000SD.png
    577.3 KB · Views: 978
  • Top-AUD1000SD.png
    Top-AUD1000SD.png
    686 KB · Views: 841

Regards
MANOJ

First I was wondering why not, but checking the data sheets of IR2110/3 or IR2011 shows that they have no internal zener clamp for VB.
Agreed in this case you would need the said resistor and a 15V zener between VB & VS.
Other wise you can get overvoltage to VB and cause malfunction+defect.
My apologies to Steve that I did not check in detail first.
For IRS20957 and similar this diode is integrated and the external resistor is working great without additional zener diode. I am using this method in multiple designs and it is an absolutely troublefree easy going.
Also I learned from another chip brand that dv/dt of VB-VS can be headache, so I am generally using a dv/dt limitation for VB-VS. Details of my standard circuit to provide VB can be seen in my 2kW thread.
With respect to the link of jlester87 it is clear that this can also be headache with IR.
http://www.irf.com/technical-info/designtp/dt99-7.pdf

More general hint to tackle start up issues:
Usually proper starting depends on having the right preconditions at the comparator input ==> means ensuring that the amp wants to turn ON the low side switch first.
Or if this is not appreciated for audisoteric reasons, then you have to ensure that also the floating high side gate drive supply is charged without having turned ON the low side before.

thanks markus . i saw that zeener clamp diode in discreet class d from ru classd.fromru.com ucd2.5 .
and i in-cooperated it in my ucd discreet schema . but i removed it in my later projects because the 15v zeener diode used to fail and leave the amp intact with no other ruined component. but now i must in-cooperate it due to the expensive experiences :hot: :redhot:encountered with irs900d. >>>by the way even ucd both discreet and ir2110 ones used to fail without having short circuit or overvoltage /overload in my early experiences.

to be on the safe side i was working on a ucd with four pairs output ,and manojs protection side to have a more stable amp.

...but i removed it in my later projects because the 15v zeener diode used to fail and leave the amp intact with no other ruined component. but now i must in-cooperate it due to the expensive experiences :hot: :redhot:encountered with irs900d. >>>by the way even ucd both discreet and ir2110 ones used to fail without having short circuit or overvoltage /overload in my early experiences.

You killed the 15V zener protection? That's scary - it indicates that you are suffering from strong unintended parasitics. :eek::eek::eek:
I.e. Massive undershoot. Ref. page 9-13 of this paper:
http://www.irf.com/technical-info/appnotes/an-978.pdf
Or also described here:
http://www.irf.com/technical-info/designtp/dt97-3.pdf

Or was the feeding low side driver supply higher than 15V?

Hi All,
Thank you for Manojtm's Aud900 schematic . This is mine,without protect and balance input section. Sound great compare to IRS900 . All ICs are cool, but fets and coil are warm to hot. So fan is needed . Test with SMPS +-80VDC.
There are some modification.

Attachments

• RIMG0459.jpg
    RIMG0459.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 930
  • RIMG0464.jpg
    RIMG0464.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 847