My class D amp

Oh, I understand! You only needed a fancy word you also don't understand, but now you can put a label to the memory. Very professional!

The dynamic headroom is the result of the variable (dropping) power supply. Do you remember my 4th point?

"- power supply drop (dynamic one, not static!)"

You may or may not have more dynamic headroom with ClassD, it depends on the power supply! But this is not the only possible reason for loudness difference, and I'm too amateur to blindly accept the first and only answer when there are many possibilities.

Why complicate?

Because it's simply not true.

Higher efficiency may increase static power (depending on overdrive characteristics), but it increases dynamic power less (theoretically none at all)! You measured less static power, it indicates that there is some limitation in that amplifier, and this limitation is not likely to magically disappear at dynamic peaks, so according to the informations you provided and also according to theory there are strong reasons to think dynamic headroom is not better.

But there are much more probable explanations.

Hi,

Here is ckt (not full) class D with Class H power:D

Regards
MANOJ

hi sir manoj this is great news did it work .? can the voltage go up to
+/- 145 75 0 75 145 also can the impedance drop to 2ohms . ?? is this method of class h class d stable ?? also the noise in layout?? thanking you for your wonderfull designs sir manoj

Attachments

• My class D amp - Page 63 - diyAudio Class D with Class H.pdf
    30.4 KB · Views: 412
  • My class D amp - Page 63 - diyAudio Class D with Class H_001.jpg
    My class D amp - Page 63 - diyAudio Class D with Class H_001.jpg
    853.2 KB · Views: 1,264
  • My class D amp - Page 63 - diyAudio 1661_n.jpg
    My class D amp - Page 63 - diyAudio 1661_n.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 1,183
Hi Andrew,

Advantage
1. stablity (when low to mid volume AMP running more time on lower supply rail only)
2. Low noise (when low to mid volume)
3. low Bus pump effect ( i think, not sure)

Regards
MANOJ

hi sir manoj . can i in-cooperate this 3 steps voltage of class h using n channel fets to drive a class d amp . voltage i intend to use is +/- 45,90,135 ??? :confused:

Attachments

• forum.vegalab.ru  V.2013 storey PRO-amplifier in the class H pg 11 3 ?????.GIF
    forum.vegalab.ru V.2013 storey PRO-amplifier in the class H pg 11 3 ?????.GIF
    53.2 KB · Views: 1,021
Hello. I wanted your help to understand. I did the test of my class amp d. I measure the temperature of the heatsink. Psu + -70v output amplifier loaded by resistive dummy load. 8ohm 56 ° after one hour. 4 ohm 85 ° after half an hour and protection cuts. The test is done with hard rock music at clipping. is it normal. Now I do not have the speaker that support this power to test in real load. Do the speaker require less power. Help me please to understand if this temperature is normal. With 6 ohm after one hour 65 °

Hi Stewin,

I think 3 stage class H is not give any advantage on class D.normally class d will run on high volt supply range,but the stability on low impedance is very poor on high supply range.I suggest +/-55V or +/-60v max. supply and you need more power use BTL mode

OR Use this

Regards
MANOJ

Attachments

• LEVEL SWITCHER.jpg
    LEVEL SWITCHER.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 824
Hi Stewin,

I think 3 stage class H is not give any advantage on class D.normally class d will run on high volt supply range,but the stability on low impedance is very poor on high supply range.I suggest +/-55V or +/-60v max. supply and you need more power use BTL mode

OR Use this

Regards
MANOJ

That is true. for low impedances you can put output stages in parallel. you can go up to 1 ohm. to be bridged in 2 ohm. many power

Hi,

My AUD1000SD i tested with VER2923-223 coil craft coil with DC +/-50v supply its give best sound quality fsw=435KHz(after @10 min it s reduced to 426KHz) MOSFET = IRFP250N; coil & mosfet cool
power out put is 220W @8R 410W @4R True RMS

Regards
MANOJ

Hello. Can I ask you to send me schematic and PCB for this project? If possible attach the file of the PCB in the format of the program,which was drawn printed circuit Board. My e mail alikangelok@mail.ru. With Respect to your creativity