My class D amp

Don't!

Instead look at schematics for the UcD "Post Filtrer feedback selfosc" amplifier, much better performance than any pre filter feedback class d could ever dream of.

Pre filter feedback selfosc = Class D done WRONG! (BAD design)
Post filter feedback self osc = Class D done RIGHT! (Good design)

SMPS 800W FOR CLASS D AMP

Dear All,
I would like to share my self design for 800W SMPS FOR CLASS D AMP using one chip Half Bridge controller from Infineon semiconductor.
It's very simple and easy to build, and also including over current protection.
the total PCB size is only 95 X 170 mm and I use standard FR1 material.
This model is unregulated output, so if you want higher or lower output voltage, you just change the secondary number of turn.

Thank you

SYAELEND

Attachments

• SMPS 800W FOR CLASS D AMP.jpg
    SMPS 800W FOR CLASS D AMP.jpg
    550.4 KB · Views: 1,054
Dear All,
I would like to share my self design for 800W SMPS FOR CLASS D AMP using one chip Half Bridge controller from Infineon semiconductor.
It's very simple and easy to build, and also including over current protection.
the total PCB size is only 95 X 170 mm and I use standard FR1 material.
This model is unregulated output, so if you want higher or lower output voltage, you just change the secondary number of turn.

Thank you

SYAELEND

Which Infineon IC did you use ?

Heating of the inductor has nothing to do with topology, but has to do with the inductor itself like core material, heating is a sign that the material is not ideal.

My UcD class d project does not heat the inductors at all when o use the one from coilcraft for the zetex class d.

I'd share my schematic but considering how expensive the MAX913/LT1016/AD8561 comparator is, its not really practical and i have not been able to find suitable readily available replacements.

Hi Tekko,

You mean Post filter feedback will change fsw when you change load impedance or fsw constant and only effect NFB ( Audio freq. stabilization ) and THD

Regards
MANOJ

I switched between open circuit and 0.8 ohm load on my ucd class d in BTL mode yesterday and the switching freq dident even flinge, it stayed on ~360kHz and did not move.

The problem with pre filter feedback self osc as several have outlined is that if the amp is made for 4 ohms, then at 8 ohms the freq response will increase as a spike at higher frequencies, whilst it may not be audible to most its still unacceptable as it means the amp is unstable.

Likewise a amp made for 8 ohms will start rolling off at early as 5kHz with a 4 ohm load.

While on UcD (post filter fb selfosc) the frq response barely changes at all from 0.5 ohms(some car subwoofers) to unloaded, it never starts spiking/peaking at higher freq like pre filter fb does.