Upgrading an old Audiodigit?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Took an old Audiodigit MC 8 X 100 amp out of storage a week back, listened to it again after some 5 years and decided I would like to put it back to use again in an HT setup.. However, after reading several very old posts here, I'd like to hear if upgrading the original power supply(torrodial 18VDC 50 VA) to a 24V torrid would if fact improve the low frequency range, but I'm not sure how large I can safely go on the VA rating given the chip amps in here are a pair of obsolete TPS4100's and I certainly would not want to do them any harm. Given the original specs suggest 100W/ch @ 4 ohms but delivered considerably less using the 18V supply(32W@ 1% THD) and that I will be using 4 Ohm speakers including a pair of older Heil AMT's that will be bi-amped, I'd like to get some input on options available to me.

In reviewing the TPS4100 spec sheet; by going to a 24V supply vs. the 18V I should be able to nearly double the output power of each channel, but what VA rating would best match the 8 channel dual chip setup? There seems to be some controversy on changing the input caps size so I'll focus solely on the power supply. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.