Bottlehead Quickie Tube Hybrid Class D Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
IMG_1846_zps16197edf-1_zps7493d064.jpg
[/IMG]
IMG_1847_zps5a6d8100.jpg
[/IMG]

This is a battery powered Bottlehead Quickie 3s4 tube preamp that I converted into a tube hybrid Class D amplifier that runs completely off the grid. I replaced the two inputs with binding posts and made the output the input. I affixed a Sure Electronics 3110 Class D board on the front, close to the volume pot. I added a voltage divider to the inputs of the Class D board. I added a dc input which uses a 12 volt SLA battery to power the Class D amp board.
The Quickie's are $100 and the Sure boards are $10. Add the binding posts and it is a fairly inexpensive experiment.

That is a really sweet set up. I'm really impressed with your ingenuity.

I run a Bottlehead Foreplay version 1 preamp. It is heavily modified and it drives various T-Amps: Trends 10.1; 41 Hz Amp6; Helder 2020 and 2024 based T-amps; and A Helder STA508. Which amp I use is based on which amp has the latest tweak.

Great job.

That is a really sweet set up. I'm really impressed with your ingenuity.

I run a Bottlehead Foreplay version 1 preamp. It is heavily modified and it drives various T-Amps: Trends 10.1; 41 Hz Amp6; Helder 2020 and 2024 based T-amps; and A Helder STA508. Which amp I use is based on which amp has the latest tweak.

Great job.

Thanks Davet. If you want another winter project, I can highly recommend this board. I'm just starting to experiment with different caps, but the stock ones sound wonderful. I prefer this 3122D2 to my Tripath 2024. Bass is better and a bit more warmth.
DIY Electronics KAA03021 Kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.