TPA models

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I found the specs for 3116D2, 3118D2 and 3130D2. While they provide all the tech specs one could want, I was looking for more subjective impressions of the different amps. What they sound like, how well they perform, that sort of thing. The impressions of people that have actually listened to them. :)

Thanks nesha- It's that discussion that got me interested in the TPA amps. I have just completed building a 3122 kit from Sure. It sounds pretty good to my untrained ear. I'm hoping to build some more of these amps if I can find some other kits. I don't think I'm up to building one from scratch yet.

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Prezden,
I have built both the TPA3118D2 and TPA3116D2. Both fantastic sounding amps. The 3116 will go louder but you may not need that much power if you are going with full range high efficiency drivers. They both sound very similar with the best resolution and detail of any amp I have heard, and have very good bass extension and control - given appropriate power capacitors. The 3116 is currently the best amp I have but I like to use the 3118 too for stuff that doesn't need to be too loud. I like that they can be driven by cheap 19v laptop bricks for power supplies. Check out the thread on 3118D2.
Regards,
X

Hey when are you going to build the FH3i? It sounds awesome with the TPA3116D2! :)

Wow that TI Audio Guide is great :D I have been looking for something like this for a long time.
x- I have gotten bogged down with a Gain Clone build and another pair of Cornu Spirals. I agree with you about the Sure TPA3110 and TPA3122. I have build and or modified 2 of each now and love the sound. IMHO they are better than the TA2024 amps I have tried. I wish there were more TPA kits around. ;)

cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.