TK2050 Biasing and trafo coupling

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,
so please I need help connecting transformer to hifimediy t2.
Secondary to input resistor and bias pin? But it seems I'm getting some dc offset as right channel starts crackilng and offset goes crazy as I turn the volume up. Works cap coupled.
How did You connect your trafo and solve biasing issues? Thanks in advance. btw its 1:1 600ohm

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Are you putting the transformer at the TC2000 driver chip, or at the TP5050 power chip itself?

Are you trying to use the biascap (pin 1) as a ground point to avoid the DC offset? I've done it on some other Tripath chips, but have not tried it on the TC2000 controller.

Are you putting the transformer at the TC2000 driver chip, or at the TP5050 power chip itself?

Are you trying to use the biascap (pin 1) as a ground point to avoid the DC offset? I've done it on some other Tripath chips, but have not tried it on the TC2000 controller.

It's connected to tc2000 input and as gnd reference i'm using biascap pin.
it is working, but right channel clips no matter what.

got it working. readjusted offset trimmers to same value for both channels and bypassed biascap capacitor with bigger cap, to buffer that 2.5vdc and filter common noise. works at pretty high levels(more than needed) so far. i dont mind 100mv offset at both speakers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.