SystemD_2kW, any interest for an open design? - Page 45 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th March 2014, 09:58 AM   #441
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luka View Post
I could try to contact her via messenger. Should i?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoHolic View Post
Basically it should work to take a constant hysteresis through
Sadly I also lost the contact to Eva.
...would love to read of her again.
Tried to contact her, she is sadly gone. I miss that smart lady

Last edited by Reactance; 24th March 2014 at 10:00 AM.
Old 23rd November 2014, 02:32 AM   #442
diyAudio Member

Older thread but I had been chatting with ChocoHolic about building this amp for my subwoofers. Will be using a pair of 3K PS from Hypex.

Wanted to ask to whomever has built this build where did you get your PCB from?

I have heard some good things about Seeed Studio and Imal(Itead Studio) but wanted to know from others.

Last edited by chrapladm; 23rd November 2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old 23rd November 2014, 07:27 AM   #443
Baldin is offline Baldin  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Baldin
Have only good experience with iTeadStudio (haven't tried Seeed) ... all perfect so far and dirt cheap ... what more can one want?
This is just a general comment to pbc manufactory ... have not tried to build this nice amp
BR Baldin

PS. Yes we miss Eva ... hope she is doing good

Last edited by Baldin; 23rd November 2014 at 07:30 AM.
Old 23rd November 2014, 09:19 AM   #444
diyAudio Member

...for the LiteAmp I also changed to Itead in order to keep the Key Component Sets at a cost level which hopefully will be OK for most DIYers.
Quality of PCBs is fine.

My only concern is the hidden price behind.
This does not only apply to PCBs & electronics, but also clothes, food, transportation...
Good quality for 'dirt cheap' usually comes at the price that many working people are not paid fair, have to work under unhealthy circumstances and environmental topics are not all in focus.
I am not fully consequent, but often my choice is influenced by these considerations and I am definitely not a friend of the popular mind setting that everything must be fast&cheap.
Old 23rd November 2014, 09:48 AM   #445
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrapladm View Post
...I had been chatting with ChocoHolic
Today your PM-Box is full and refuses to receive any PM.
Old 23rd November 2014, 09:55 AM   #446
diyAudio Member

I hear ya ChocoHolic. I am all for people earning a REAL wage for their work. Being a US citizen now residing in Australia it is amazing how little we(USA) pay are workers. PM box cleared also.

Secondly where is everyone getting their BOM parts from?

I know Mouser is one of the biggest online companies but didnt know about any others.
Old 23rd November 2014, 11:18 AM   #447
Baldin is offline Baldin  Denmark
diyAudio Member

Send a message via MSN to Baldin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocoHolic View Post
Good quality for 'dirt cheap' usually comes at the price that many working people are not paid fair, have to work under unhealthy circumstances and environmental topics are not all in focus.
I am not fully consequent, but often my choice is influenced by these considerations and I am definitely not a friend of the popular mind setting that everything must be fast&cheap.
Good and fair point, but using an over priced european or american company will not help these people. E.g. double up on the price at iTead to make sure every thing is done in a, for the employees, healthy and fair manner .... I'm all for it ....
Old 25th November 2014, 08:47 PM   #448
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baldin View Post
Good and fair point, but using an over priced european or american company will not help these people. E.g. double up on the price at iTead to make sure every thing is done in a, for the employees, healthy and fair manner .... I'm all for it ....
Somewhat true.
In any case it is hard to control if a reasonable portion of the paid money will reach the workers.
On one hand Itead appears very cost attractive for DIY, but of course compared to typical industrial mass production it is still expensive.
From this view it is likely that Itead is not worse than other PCB manufacturers.
It is just our more and more agressive mind setting that everything must be fast and cheap which makes me sick.
Same like the popular mind setting that the ones who allow to get tricked
deserve to be tricked.
Over the last twenty years mankind appears to develop backwards, except technology.
At least it is my perception for Central Europe that after world war II most people somehow understood that life is better, when the normal attitude includes a good portion of fairness. This was the basis for good education and very productive cooperations. Now after two generations this understanding is getting lost more and more.
Old 26th November 2014, 08:11 AM   #449
diyAudio Member

Well Choco my build wont be very fast at all. So thats good for something right?

I still have to contact Itead and some local PCB companies to see how much it will cost me for the four boards. Does anyone know if they offer a stencil when purchasing boards?

Only curious as I will learn more when I send off my email. Just wanting to know some info before sending the email off.
Old 22nd December 2014, 07:19 PM   #450
diyAudio Member

Hi choco

any PCBs available? for 1 channel

Hide this!Advertise here!