Class D Schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello my friends,

i am new here and wanted to know something about Class D Amplifiers.

Can anyone send/post me some Schematics, Circuits etc?

So I can understand it ;)

Thanks

Look up the irs2092 datasheet.
There are also a number of application circuits varying in power and complexity.

Beware of layout and decoupling on the 2092, they are vital to getting a working pcb.

The UM10155 does not use finished modules like gate drivers etc.

Anyway - is there a specific reason, why you want to have it completely in discrete?
I also think, that there are sections of a class D amp, where a discrete solution can add value vs the common average integrated parts.
But the combined level shifters with gate drivers are not the field to gain much in discrete, IMHO.
(Except squeezing the last cents for a business plan. Especially smaller companies, which might not have enough purchasing power to get competitive pricing, could save some cents, if they have time and a strong engineering. But even with strong engineering it is not likely to compete or even outperform in terms of size, timing precision or the related tolerances during mass production).

The UM10155 does not use finished modules like gate drivers etc.

Anyway - is there a specific reason, why you want to have it completely in discrete?
I also think, that there are sections of a class D amp, where a discrete solution can add value vs the common average integrated parts.
But the combined level shifters with gate drivers are not the field to gain much in discrete, IMHO.
(Except squeezing the last cents for a business plan. Especially smaller companies, which might not have enough purchasing power to get competitive pricing, could save some cents, if they have time and a strong engineering. But even with strong engineering it is not likely to compete or even outperform in terms of size, timing precision or the related tolerances during mass production).

this suggest is very good~today the integrate amplifier has more advantage and Popular~

The UM10155 circuit does have that he advantage that it can be simulated easily. Once you have put together all the SPICE models and symbols, that is. You can then look at voltages and currents to your heart's content. With everything being discrete components it's all out there.

Here are a couple of pics of my efforts in LTspice. The waveforms shown are the output and the output MOSFET gate drive. Sorry about the lack of detail but I can't make the pictures any bigger!

If there is any interest, I can post all the files needed to make the simulation work.

Attachments

• ClassD_discrete.jpg
    ClassD_discrete.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 397
  • ClassD_discrete_waves.jpg
    ClassD_discrete_waves.jpg
    340.2 KB · Views: 376
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.