Bamf 5500 trips protect when volume up. HELP! - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Class D

Class D Switching Power Amplifiers and Power D/A conversion

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th October 2012, 09:38 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Red face Bamf 5500 trips protect when volume up. HELP!

i connected it to subs that im convinced are crap because the impedance seems to fluctuate wildly. i wired them for the amp to see 2 ohms (two 15' dual coil 2's, each in series to 4ohm, together in parallel to monoblock). with the amp brand new, protect tripped after a hard clip. i disconnected the subs and on a single 4 ohm 12 that it previously ran exellently for over a week....it did the same thing. volume up...trips protect....this is exactly what the one i had before did before it just stayed in protect, so im a bit scared to power it on. i have been seeing EVERYWHERE in amp repair videos and links ppl saying 'replace the mofsets....'
should i just do that? when i check them with multimeter i get the megaohm readings on ALL of them that ppl say means they are all good. im thinking to just replace them anyway but please help because i looked them up and dont know which ones to get npn, or pnp and do i get the output transistors? which ones ARE they? if you guys can be specific in telling me EXACTLY what parts to order, i would greatly appreciate it. thanks in advance. (and yes, im a novice, so please bear with my ignorance)
Old 28th October 2012, 02:12 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

If the protect is coming in then too much current is being taken.
Are you sure the amp will run into 2 ohms ?

Hide this!Advertise here!