Amp6 hum when no music

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All

Ive just done my first ever DIY build of the Amp6 and eventually got it up and running, Ive still got to add a volume control and a selector control, but the amp itself is working and sounds amazing.

My problem is that when there is no music playing the amp has a constant hum as soon as the music starts the hum goes, at the moment i've only tested with a phone playing mp3s so Im wondering if the poor grounding from the phone is to blame? I will test with a cd player once i get the time.

The amp is mounted in a metal case, do I need to ground the case and if so where from? There a GND hole on C6 that hasn't been used do I connect a wire from that to the case itself? Or is it to do with the DC wiring?

Also there seems to be some hiss on low level pieces is there a way to eliminate this?

Ive attached a pic if that helps?

Thanks

Andy

Attachments

• IMAG0056-1.jpg
    IMAG0056-1.jpg
    609.7 KB · Views: 108
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.