LJM L250 or Arjen Helder 2050

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having read the forums here I have narrowed down my plans for a new project between the LJM L250 and Arjen's 2050. Could some of you more experienced folks help with your thoughts. I seems that they both sound great from what I have read.

• So what is the differences in sound?
• Which would be easier to build for relatively new to diy person?
• Are they both available as kits and assembled modules?

Any suggestions thoughts or experiences would be greatly appreciated:)

Arjen Helder 2050

The Helder 2050 is very easy to build yourself. All that is required is a power supply, input jacks, speaker jacks, and some wire. You will have to solder the connections to the speaker and input jacks. All connections to the pre-assembled 2050 board are made via terminal blocks, and all that is required for final assembly is a screw driver.

For a completed unit you will also need a chassis. Overall, it is an easy DIY task. Arjen is always available to answer questions.

I am trying to get a handle on the modules you reference. I can't find a reference to the LJM L250 / (L25D) or Cristi's modules. I searched DIYaudio, Connexelectronics, and Google.

Could you, please, provide a link or direction to the products that are being referenced or little more info so I could focus my search. TIA

L25D L20d L15d 2050

Look at http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/191739-my-design-l20d-irs2092-irfi4020h-200w8r.html . The Arjen Helder 2050 is a 100w amp , the L15d , L20d , l25d are 150,200 and 250 watt amps , so pick your choice .
I'm a very happy owner of the L15d's and you can buy them as a kit or assembled. I must say I was quite happy with the quality of the components I received from Zoe-tsang ( especially the PCB , TOP quality ! ).I did some modding , but the basic kit ( and I assume the build ones too) sounded very good !

Cheers ,

Rens

Attachments

• 183.jpg
    183.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 338
Very nice, Rens!

I'm working on the design for an 11-ch amp, all in 1U case.

I've been considering between two competing layout/wiring strategies, one of which is what you seem to have used.

That is to keep maximum separation between signal input and speaker output wiring.

The possible concern with that is crosstalk between the closely bundled wires for each channel; did you consider that at all?

Crosstalk in multichannel class D L15D

Very nice, Rens!

I'm working on the design for an 11-ch amp, all in 1U case.

I've been considering between two competing layout/wiring strategies, one of which is what you seem to have used.

That is to keep maximum separation between signal input and speaker output wiring.

The possible concern with that is crosstalk between the closely bundled wires for each channel; did you consider that at all?

Thanks Noah ,

I did consider the crosstalk when I was building the amp . I used shielded cable for the inputs , so there's minimal crosstalk there . The speaker and power cables are parallel , so there will be some crosstalk , but the amp is mainly used for (digital) TV and bluray movies in Dolby digital 5.1 .
The PSRR of the L15D is pretty good , so I don't think the power wires give much crosstalk either .I am planning to do some mods in the coming weeks , ( changing all the relays to Mosfet dropins) and will measure the crosstalk and let you know .
I use the amp in stereo mode as well with my huge vintage Vinyl collection and the separation and instrument placement are very detailed , so it shouldn’t be too bad .
I was planning to place the speaker wiring in 6 mm grounded aluminium tubes , but wait for the crosstalk results first .

Cheers ,

Rens

Attachments

• L15D.jpg
    L15D.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 310
  • SongleSSR.jpg
    SongleSSR.jpg
    224.2 KB · Views: 294
  • songle2.jpg
    songle2.jpg
    269.1 KB · Views: 292
  • SongleSSR.pdf
    11.3 KB · Views: 99
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.