Fixing an amplifier based around a ST TDA7492P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Apologies for making my first post a request for help. I know a bit about electronics, but not much about amps. I saw that other people on this board had helped out with similar problems in the past.

I'm trying to fix a mini-system type amp. The basic problem is that sound comes out of the headphones, but not out of the speakers. The speaker amp is based around a ST TDA7492P. Since the sound comes out of the headphones OK, I think it's this circuit is the problem.

Here is a circuit diagram from the datasheet. This isn't the exact circuit diagram of the board I've got, but it seems to be pretty close from examining the board.

tda7492.png

I've used an oscilloscope on the input pins 22 and 23, and I can see what looks like sound, biased to 1.6V. What I see when I look on the output pins (e.g. 6 and 7) is very strange- it looks like a big low frequency square wave. The square wave has noise on it. I can get a picture of the trace if it helps.

I've checked the mute and standby inputs and they are both high.

Any idea what's wrong with my amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.