Speaker Protection module that runs on DC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to buy a simple speaker protection startup module that takes a low voltage DC, rather than the more typical 12-16VAC. This will allow me to use the aux voltage supply on my SMPS that already supplies a low DC voltage output. I suppose I could simply bypass the rectification circuit, but just wondering if there are any boards out there (China) that use DC instead of AC voltage to tap off of.

I'm looking to buy a simple speaker protection startup module that takes a low voltage DC, rather than the more typical 12-16VAC. This will allow me to use the aux voltage supply on my SMPS that already supplies a low DC voltage output. I suppose I could simply bypass the rectification circuit, but just wondering if there are any boards out there (China) that use DC instead of AC voltage to tap off of.

I use WLX-7 speaker protection boards from zoe_tsang they work well on 12V DC from the SMPS, the only mod i made was a wire bridge instead of the 7812 voltage regulator .

Cheers ,
Rens

This one Connexelectronic can be supplied either with AC voltage or DC voltage. When supply with DC voltage the rectifier bridge is bypassed and the AC off sense is taken from +DC which have to be connected with AC1. Supply voltage range is 10-15 V DC with the standard type relay and can be extended to 24V with 24V type relay. Can be supplied from any of the avaialble Connexelectronic SMPS aux. output.

This one Connexelectronic can be supplied either with AC voltage or DC voltage. When supply with DC voltage the rectifier bridge is bypassed and the AC off sense is taken from +DC which have to be connected with AC1. Supply voltage range is 10-15 V DC with the standard type relay and can be extended to 24V with 24V type relay. Can be supplied from any of the avaialble Connexelectronic SMPS aux. output.
Hi Cristi,

Yours looks like the perfect solution and exactly what I'm looking for - allowing both AC and DC operation. Thx. BTW, I'm using two of your SMPS' (500R and 300R), and I'm very impressed with the operation and especially the quality of the builds. The 500R is in a recent, new class D amp I'm building. Expect and order from me soon.

I use WLX-7 speaker protection boards from zoe_tsang they work well on 12V DC from the SMPS, the only mod i made was a wire bridge instead of the 7812 voltage regulator .

Cheers ,
Rens

Hi Rens, I'm also using this board, but it keeps tripping as I turn the power up. I'm wondering if I've done something stupid connecting it. I've got the output from the amp to the side furthest from the regulator L-G-G-R with the R closest to the edge. I'm linking the L & R inputs to the other L&R sense on the same edge. Is this correct? There is definately no DC on the output but the protection is triggering when I turn up the volume.
Sorry for bursting in on the thread, I found this whilst googling WLX-7.
Thanks, Ian

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.