Class-D best Dynamic range

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys i'm building an open baffle speaker and my aim is to reproduce the truest representation of the sound signal.

What brand or type of amplifier would allow me to have the best dynamic range possible ??

What amplifier could I use to get the best dynamic range representation at a reasonable price ?? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help guys :)

I would go with a Class A or AB linear amp. Class D amps sound too "polite" in the treble range. Someone shatters glass in a movie, you want it to actually sound like a thousand pieces of glass breaking. It should be so realistic that you turn your head to check if your own windows just got smashed.

All the high end amps will sound dynamic. Class D, linear SS, linear tube amps. This depends more on your source/DAC than amp.

Last edited:
Could have the name of the good class D brands please ? :) what are the best I can find at a reasonable price?? I don't want the amp to be polite in the high frequencies , i just want something that clearly reveals what's there and which has a top notch dynamic range >105 dB

My DAC is already of a high quality "Forssell MADA"

What is the efficiency of your speakers? If you are determined to explore Class D and afterall, you are on the diy audio forum, perhaps using one of the Sure pre-built Class D amps would be an option? Pick one with power to match your drivers. Build a chassis, wire your connections to the board and enjoy.
I've used their 8 watt per channel board and built the 15 watt per channel kit. Both sound very good for the cost. Actually, both sound good regardless of the cost! I power them with SLA battery power, but Sure makes power supplies for the larger boards.
Good Luck and Have Fun!:)

Speaker is a custom built one of 86 db, Qts around 0.28(don't wanna tolerate unprecise impulse reproduction) , high pass filter 12 db slope at 150 Hz ... I am interested to have a puuure unaffected mid and high frequency :)

Actually I would like to purchase a stunning class-D amp , to attain what I am looking for :D

Greater than 105 dB of dynamic range , super fast transient response , extremely low THD, honest reproduction of the sound(no warming or compression). Just want to hear how the pure source signal sounds like with minimum alteration :)

What should I be looking for in terms of specs to have such an amp with those characteristics please please ? :)

Hi guys i'm building an open baffle speaker and my aim is to reproduce the truest representation of the sound signal.

What brand or type of amplifier would allow me to have the best dynamic range possible ??

What amplifier could I use to get the best dynamic range representation at a reasonable price ?? :confused:

Thanks in advance for your help guys :)

Why don't you give yhe LJM's L15, 20 or 25D a go , the specs are well proven , very low distorsion and CHEAP . I own a couple of very expensive amps , class A and AB and from respectable manufacturers , Luxman , Dynaco and Denon . The class D amps ( L15D's in my case) are my favorites , It's to late for me to calculate the dynamic range ( midnight here in Australia and Queens birthday , so I'm still celebrating :)) but you should be close with the L25's

Cheers ,

Rens

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.