PSU for ucd180st?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a couple of UCD180ST modules that I want to use.
Please help me decide on what to use for psu's.
(Building two monoblocks.)

I could either bodge togeather a couple of very simple linear supplies or I could buy a set of SMPS200QR from connexelectronic.com.
The price is roughly the same when you factor in everything.
The smps is probably even cheaper than the linear supplies counting all the little bits and pieces?

The cases will be the same in either case.
Weight isn't an issue. If anything the weight from a transformer would help the amp to stay put...

I like simple and economic. If money wasn't an issue I would go ahead and buy Hypex psu's.

So, what do think is my best option?

I have compared smps, linearsupply with ucd180st,hg, hg+hxr and ucd400,hg,hg+hxr. The difference between the power supplies is small but still noticeable. Artifacts from the smps course that you notice a little restless hightones and some noise with high sensitivity loudspeakers. This is only with the ST and HG versions. With the HXR versions with the extra powerregulators on the opampbufferstage there is no noticeable difference between the powersupplies.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.