Amplifier modules with onboard SMPS and DSP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm looking for 2.1 amp modules with onboard SMPS and DSP to build active loudspeakers. Could someone point me in the direction of producers of such things? I've been googling and searching this site but haven't found much. There is a Chinese company called SINEWAVE that makes PWM+SMPS+DSP modules, but I'm thinking there are other producers out there? Any help would be appreciated :)

Thanks!

Remember that sinewave DSP's are not directly accessible. You have to buy a quite expensive add on from the DSP producer.

Hypex have one module, and CAD audio have som plateamps with the option to add a DSP as well.

MiniDSP also have some modules. but the MiniAMP is only 10-20 watt depending on configuration.

Of course there is a lot of PA amps with DSP, but I haven't been able to find many for purely hifi use.

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'm looking for a good value solution to a 2.1 active speaker design, which needs at least 120W in 4 ohm for the bass driver with active crossover as high as 250-300Hz to the stereo satellites. SMPS, amp(s) and DSP don't need to be on the same PCB, but I'd like to keep cost and size down, and it appears to me that it's cheaper to buy a single board with all features included instead of having separate SMPS, amp and DSP boards.

I've looked at the Hypex and Digmoda modules and they look very nice, but I'm afraid they are out of my budget.

Any other suggestions?

Remember that sinewave DSP's are not directly accessible. You have to buy a quite expensive add on from the DSP producer.

Yes, I'm aware of that, but I don't necessarily need control over the DSP. I have a miniDSP and different test equipment so I think I can simply send my required DSP/crossover settings to SINEWAVE and let them program the board before they ship it. However, I've experienced switching-on problems with other SINEWAVE amp boards and I'm afraid that I might see similar issues on e.g. the G300D board, which I actually find very suitable in my design.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.