kicker wx 10000.1 schematics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi friends i have a kicker wx 10000.1 i am trying to repair but need some help with the schematics or a picture at least to guide me.it has two 4.7 ohm resistor incinerated and that burned some traces underneath it i can't get the resistor location for that two but the other side has two of the same resistors labelled r86 and r85 respectively.any help will be much appreciated.

ok folks here is the picture

Attachments

• DSC02455.jpg
    DSC02455.jpg
    1,022.7 KB · Views: 358
If the output fets have gone, then the gate driver ic is most likely dead as well, which can in some cases even propagate down the line to the pwm modulator and damage that as well.

When the input psu fets go, the pwm controller ic goes, if unlucky this could generate a sharp high voltage spike on the switching transformers secondaries, frying pretty much every semiconductor on the board. In the end there may be so many parts needing replacement that a new amp ends up beeing cheaper.

Charred boards also become conductive which greatly hampers operation.

thank you soo much@varampsguru as for mr tekko if you're not gonna help please don't comment and pay attention to the posts all the power supply fets and output fets are OK!!!.i have the amp powering up now i'll send a signal thru and let you guys know how it goes.thanks once again.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.