My new 8 channel home Cinema amplifer "sure" 8x100WATT - TK2050AMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Just for fun - today I finished my new sure tripath 8 Channel power amplifer.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I own since 2006 a yamaha RX-V2600 receiver.

My plan is to use the RX-V2600 further as pre-amplifer/processer.

My oppo BDP95 blu ray Player sound so amazing in this combintion. As test I connenct the oppo direct to my new tripath 8 ch power amp.

Wow - my 6 Infinity Beta 50s + beta c360 never sounds so "live" & power driven.

My beta subwoofer SW-12 was complety off for the test.

At first I remove the heatsink and adjust the DC-offset. From the factory came my two 4x100 boards with realy horrible values. All eight channels has values around 100mV to 300mV DC.

After I adjust the offset - all 8 channels have values from 2mV to 7mV (after 30 min. warmup).

Then I order a "blank" case for my setup - and do some work out. Drill holes, place feeds - complete the electronic parts......

Regards, Ronald

Attachments

• lieferung2.jpg
    lieferung2.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 1,152
  • fsse.jpg
    fsse.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 214
  • build0.jpg
    build0.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 184
  • build2c.jpg
    build2c.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 254
  • build3r.jpg
    build3r.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 282
  • build1z.jpg
    build1z.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 250
  • complete2r.jpg
    complete2r.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 196
  • completexc.jpg
    completexc.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
One 4x100w board and one 2x100w board, and a smps of suitable power. Im pretty sure sure electronics have everything you need, the chassis can be had from places like antek on ebay or modusshop or whatever the name was, or if you feel up to it, you could bend up some sheet metal yourself.

Hello,

Just for fun - today I finished my new sure tripath 8 Channel power amplifer.

I own since 2006 a yamaha RX-V2600 receiver.

My plan is to use the RX-V2600 further as pre-amplifer/processer.

My oppo BDP95 blu ray Player sound so amazing in this combintion. As test I connenct the oppo direct to my new tripath 8 ch power amp.

Wow - my 6 Infinity Beta 50s + beta c360 never sounds so "live" & power driven.

My beta subwoofer SW-12 was complety off for the test.

At first I remove the heatsink and adjust the DC-offset. From the factory came my two 4x100 boards with realy horrible values. All eight channels has values around 100mV to 300mV DC.

After I adjust the offset - all 8 channels have values from 2mV to 7mV (after 30 min. warmup).

Then I order a "blank" case for my setup - and do some work out. Drill holes, place feeds - complete the electronic parts......

Regards, Ronald
Nice build Ronald. All I can say is, my wife would never let me take over the kitchen counters for a project like this. :) Plus, at my pace, stuff would be there for weeks on end! I guess I'm lucky to have a shop area next to my man-cave in the basement.

Good job! Rick

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.