TDA3122 test amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all, got some free TPA3122 chips to play with. I've copied my layout for stripboard onto paper and am sorting all bits out that I need.

Now I have a 2 x 12v torroid which I hope to use, as its AC I will need to use a rectifier to connect the amp. I have a rectifier board and parts from a LM4780 audiosector kit. Would this be any good for what I'm planning or will I have to use something else.

Sorry for noob question, but 4780 is only kit I've built. Now I'm hooked and want to learn more.

***EDIT*** See messed up already its TPA3122.. got 4 of em so i can blow 3 in an attempt for a stereo or 2 for bridged :)

Last edited:
I have made a rectifier using 8 1n4001 diodes with 100uf smoothing caps. Using a 2 x 12v transformer which is putting out 12.3v on each output. running it through rectifier i'm getting 20.1 v dc output.

hoping to build amp boards during the week, still trying to translate schematic to stripboard and getting stuff into place. Not blown myself up or had a flash of not working, so going good upto now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.