Cheap TPA3118D2 boards, modding them and everything that comes with it

Hi
I've decided to try these sanwu boards.
Is there a consensus about the mods?
I want to squeeze the best from them :)

Thank you for your help!
Try this board, you wont have to do any mods.

m.ebay.com/itm/XH-M189-TPA3116D2-2x50W-Digital-Power-Amplifier-Board-Class-Stereo-Audio-TE743-/262975067368?hash=item3d3a8914e8:g:qUUAAOSwlndZETDw&_trkparms=pageci%3Ab6d315ff-6aa3-11e7-bc51-74dbd1803c05%7Cparentrq%3A4eaf64a315d0aa1182997857fffb7b79%7Ciid%3A3

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

In the next week or two, those bare boards should arrive. If anyone is interested in populating one on their own, feel free to contact me. Most parts are 0402, so most likely not a beginners project for hand soldering.

attachment.php

When assembled, these boards can get directly bolted down to a heatsink. They support BTL and PBTL and should do well with the new TPA3128. Dimensions: 44x35mm. Inductors aren't needed, lading pads for Ferrite-C filters are available under the shown inductors. Inputs are differential or single-ended, the center connector is for MUTE/SHDN. The boards can get synchronized via u.FL connectors and are series terminated. Inputs are ferrite filtered and meant to be equipped with 2u2F softterm caps.

Attachments

• noname2_960.jpg
    noname2_960.jpg
    177.5 KB · Views: 682
Last edited:
I may have damaged my Weiner. Still working but for some reason it has very little bass. I have no diagnostic skills and soldering is almost nil.

Anyway, I had ordered 5 Sanwu about a year ago and had asked a friend to solder wires to the holes so I could just connect them to plugs for power, inputs and speakers. Am satisfied with the sound I get from an old Chinese DVD player capable of playing of USB sticks and a 2-tube preamp (buffer it's called, I think).

There's some hiss when there's no music playing. And I am more comfortable attenuating the volume on the player.

Been trying to read through the thread but with an extremely slow internet connection, it's a lot of work looking for mods to lower gain settings.

I read a post about needing to protect speakers from amps breaking. Any suggestions?
Thank you in advance.

I don't care, nor does the tpa3116/18 ampboard, like I posted earlier read about B1 to find good value.
Red example values are by Ah!buis btw and he does have opinion, he likes the buffer design. Does dcb1 use identicall values to Pass or does it second guess Pass just by being there.
In text Ah!buis also says he would use log not linear pot and he only calls c2 value (total)nonsense :), according to Ah!buis Pass himself already says somewhere 1000uF would work fine for c1. The 3watt resistor isn't admired, nor 25k pot for a allround buffer. BF fets used as example for maybe less unobtainum or cheaper fets. Buis in dutch is Tube(Tjoeb) in English, maybe reason why he doesn't like the 25k ?