Hypex UCD3xMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Nick our lead tech did a quick set up to test the new Hypex amplifier. Not much to compare it to,but it seems to sound better than most any other amplifier I have tried with our office system. Feeding it with an Integra Preamp/processor with balanced outputs

Attachments

• White Bear Lake-20121030-00383.jpg
    White Bear Lake-20121030-00383.jpg
    186.7 KB · Views: 1,510
Continued to experiment with my Hypex module.
I want to convert it to feed with unbalanced outputs. That's why today finished building a buffer with LM4562. My idea is to get +18 /-18VDC of the amplifier Hypex, (because I have the UCD32MP) using only one module, and has plenty of amperage.
Then I will convert the +18 /-18VDC to +15 /-15VDC with an IT evaluation board has low drop and noise.
After you try it, I say it sounds like.
Greetings to all.
Matias

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Hi all,
I am very interested in UcD32MP. It is just what I need to make a budget surround sound amp. However, Hypex shop states 100W power for 2, 4, and 6 channel units. How can six channels at 30Wpc work on 100W supply? Am I missing something or is the 100W a misprint?

With this inadequate power supply, I cannot see using 6 channels full-range. The only practical application would be for active loudspeakers, where mid and tweeter will have much less power requirement.

Last edited:
PSUs for audio are normally rated lower because music signals do not contain full power. Usual ratings for commercial amps would be between 1/8th and 1/3rd of the power consumption (Pout/N0) of the amps. For an audio SMPS, the voltage and current limits and the short-term (thermally-limited) power ratings are usually more interesting that the continuous power output.

Unless you are planning to play sine waves at full power in 6-channel surround, I am pretty sure the Hypex amp is fine. If you feel you need more power, then most likely you need an output stage with a higher rating rather than a bigger PSU.

/U.

Hi all,

I ordered an UCD32MP a few weeks ago; this week I found some time to make an input buffer with TI's DRV134.

The amplifier works now, but I'm a bit disappointed on the sound of the lower frequencies, even when the volume is not so loud: there isn't much bass. Has this got to do something with the DRV134, or do I excpect too much of the UCD32MP? I cannot find much info about experiences of other users.

Thanks for your advice.

Im considering using the 4ch version in an active ls project. Actually, to replace my amp rack: pic. Which draws about 800W idle, bit excessive. And i dont need the power either.

Im looking for the low power green alternative :). Thinking about using a minidsp 2x4 balanced and UcD34MP. Only im not sure about wheter i would need a seperate input buffer and how i could avoid pop on issues.

Cant find much on this amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.