Hypex UCD3xMP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a guess but I would expect some differences between the UcD3xMP and the UcD32OEM. In the past Bruno left out the input buffer on the OEM designs so 3rd party manufacturers could roll their own. If the UcD3xMP is a DIY / consumer product it most likely has all required parts.

Looks like an interesting module for my Active LS project.

Anyone come across a filter circuit or PCB or assembled PCB that could be used as an input buffer for these amps.
Preferably one that can be set up using a PC.

I know Hypex do plate amps.
I want to stay in the analogue domain if possible

I heard the UCD180, and I found great.
Long ago I'm expecting a low power module to feed my Fostex BLH F206e.
I bought the UCD32MP in ELTIM audio BV, Europe's main supplier of original MOREL drive units and related products., 10 days ago, and I'm waiting for the package.
I wrote to the people of Hypex consulting with the implementation of the module, and they replied:

"Hello Matias,
Yes, it was a surprise to me as well. This was originally an OEM module.

Remote controlled means you can switch on the supply by Applying an external voltage. You can download the data sheet here for more information.

Note That the UcD3XMP've unbuffered, DC coupled inputs. You need a source that's Able to drive low input impedances to That supplies enough voltage signal, free of DC. Possibly you need to add an external input buffer circuit.

Kind regards,
Jos Wolthuis

You can use the input buffer Suggested UcD180LP from the datasheet. Use a LM4562 (same as on our HG amps) or a NE5532 (on our ST amps) or compatible opamp.

Kind regards,
Jos Wolthuis
'
To feed my Fostex I need 2 or 3 watts of power.
I'll need to use a buffer?
Are saying?
When I get it I will post pictures of the module.
I would appreciate any help.
A hug for everyone.
Matias

Have you looked at the differences between UcD180 and UcD32? They are significant. Noise is 4 times greater and also THD is not comparable: 0.008% (UcD180) vs 0.15% (UcD32) @1W.

Still, very interested to know what you think.
Hello 4real!
I hope you are well.
I've seen the datasheet of these modules.
Normally I do not choose my audio equipment for the information contained in the datasheets. The reasons why I want to try these modules are:
* Currently my amp is a push pull with EL84's in the output. You can imagine that the Hypex THD is lower.
* The cost of the modules is very low and if you do not like their sound does not lose anything.
* Hypex made ​​very good products and do not think this is the exception.

One of the issues I would like to know is, where the equipment placed UCD32OEM, but, apparently, Hypex keeps secret.
A hug
Matias

Hello 4real!
Normally I do not choose my audio equipment for the information contained in the datasheets.

Well, the designer of these things actually does ;) Since you already heard the UcD180, I'd thought to point it out. I'm very interested to know if there difference is very big. Do you have the means to do a direct comparison? I myself have moddified UcD400's, so I know Hypex makes great products. I'm sure this new multichannel model will also be great, but you'll have to consider the cost difference. For far less than half the money my stereo setup costs, you can get a 12 channel setup ;) I guess there is bound to be some audible difference. The question is: how big is it, and does having a full active setup compensate for that fact?

Is the UCD32 OEM or not?
Yes, the board uses UcD32 OEM plugin-modules, but you can't buy the OEM modules directly (unless of course you plan to make your own products with it and resell them).

A few days ago I received my module UCD32MP.
I tried it quickly, with balanced signal at the input and the sound is great. It has the character of UCD180.
I want to clarify that my speakers are Fostex FE206E BLH and 3 watts in enough to hear a good sound pressure.
With unbalanced input will not work properly because they lack input signal and it is heard.
I'm building a buffer with JFETs, when you have everything correctly installed and measured I tell my impressions of listening.
Some photos,
A hug from Argentina.!
Matias

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.